British Speedway Forum
DC2

Poole 2020

5 hours ago, The Weasel said:

F***ing hell you've posted some sh*t on this forum but that's right up there, it's been 10 yrs since Poole brought a following that couldn't be accommodated on a skateboard and since the days of Ward and Holder the additional home fans can be counted on one hand, I for one won't miss the Poole 'Pisstaking' Pirates one iota from the top league.

Oops think I touched a nerve there. Such language from Wiltshire! Tut tut

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think it is, as if we stayed certain riders would stay so you don't need to get rid of them? 

It was always the intention to replace all pit boards whether the same riders were here or not.

Trust me this is a fact.

14 minutes ago, sugarray said:

It was always the intention to replace all pit boards whether the same riders were here or not.

Trust me this is a fact.

Replace pit boards? Wheres the money for that? Perhaps it will be some black paint and a stick of chalk instead ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Weasel said:

F***ing hell you've posted some sh*t on this forum but that's right up there, it's been 10 yrs since Poole brought a following that couldn't be accommodated on a skateboard and since the days of Ward and Holder the additional home fans can be counted on one hand, I for one won't miss the Poole 'Pisstaking' Pirates one iota from the top league.

It was a six wheeled skateboard... :D

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Oops think I touched a nerve there. Such language from Wiltshire! Tut tut

Is this your own post or did you check with Matt and Danny first?  :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Is this your own post or did you check with Matt and Danny first?  :)

It's my own post. I couldn't get hold of Matt as he was taking yet another pleading phone call from Terry!

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's my own post. I couldn't get hold of Matt as he was taking yet another pleading phone call from Terry!

I know.

Terry’s telling him the NL would be cheaper.   :)

Just now, DC2 said:

I know.

Terry’s telling him the NL would be cheaper.   :)

Yeah but the Fans voted for Championship racing with more Southern derby meetings with Rebels and Eagles.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Yeah but the Fans voted for Championship racing with more Southern derby meetings with Rebels and Eagles.

Yeah but the NL would give Kurtz and Holder a chance to build confidence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yeah but the NL would give Kurtz and Holder a chance to build confidence.

Why are you so concerned about what Poole are doing in 2020? You just can't keep away can you?

Edited by Skidder1

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why are you so concerned about what Poole are doing in 2020? You just can't keep away can you?

Just trying to give Matt and Danny the benefit of my business acumen.  :)

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Just trying to give Matt and Danny the benefit of my business acumen.  :)

I think they are fine! 

not so sure lisa a "top"businessman would have sold pirates 3/4yrs ago not run it to the point where its virtually worthless bad business judgement,also as far as i know the chateau has not produced any income yet but has incurred some major unbudgeted  costs,fantastic promoter for poole speedway(big big thankyou for that)but financial wizard ummm not so sure!!  (how long before skidder corrects me re this post?under 2hrs 4/6)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Quite surprising as he wasn't on the forum at all this time last year!

Edited by foreverblue

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Replace pit boards? Wheres the money for that? Perhaps it will be some black paint and a stick of chalk instead ;)

Have you seen them, pretty basic. Only 2 on there for sale though. Kurtz and Holder.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Poole-speedway-2019-kurtz-pit-board/372836275145?hash=item56cec613c9:g:axEAAOSwUJNdyGJh

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1