British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

37 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

They didn’t have the choice as Swindon finished above them so totally irrelevant anyway.

Yes of course it's irrelevant stating that Wolves, IF they had the choice, would have preferred to have been at home first on a thread regarding the fixture where it is now the away leg first.

How foolish of me.

It is even more 'relevant' when you are claiming that Wolves have a 'massive advantage' now by having the home leg 2nd. The point I made completely refutes that.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Yes of course it's irrelevant stating that Wolves, IF they had the choice, would have preferred to have been at home first on a thread regarding the fixture where it is now the away leg first.

How foolish of me.

It is even more 'relevant' when you are claiming that Wolves have a 'massive advantage' now by having the home leg 2nd. The point I made completely refutes that.

Shovlar in disguise, excuses started already, best team will win whatever

2 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Absolute joke as Swindon wanted the away leg first & should’ve stuck to that. They didn’t change the Poole vs Ipswich meetings round when rain intervened.

A massive advantage now for Wolves having the 2nd leg at home.

Why wait until October every season to have the play offs as do Sweden & Poland wait till then. No they don’t.

Hope the Robins win but with both sides having flakey riders at times I give Wolves strength at reserve the crucial difference.

As there are no tactical substitutes in the final on what basis do Wolves have "a massive advantage" ? It seems to me that you did not get your own personal preference.

• Like 2

Don’t know why there’s so much bleating about the reversal of home/away legs. It’s still 30 heats and the same teams. I prefer it having a lead* to hold on to. Puts the pressure on the chasing team in the 2nd leg to get heat advantages where as we know we can hang on for 3-3s if things get tough. Only real stinker would be if it went to golden heats ;)

Anyway, 2009, we had the home leg of the final 2nd and lost. 2017 home leg first and won....although in the reverse of my previously stated logic :drink:So basically it’s written in the stars.

*hopefully

Edited by Speedy swindon pete
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Absolute joke as Swindon wanted the away leg first & should’ve stuck to that. They didn’t change the Poole vs Ipswich meetings round when rain intervened.

A massive advantage now for Wolves having the 2nd leg at home.

Why wait until October every season to have the play offs as do Sweden & Poland wait till then. No they don’t.

Hope the Robins win but with both sides having flakey riders at times I give Wolves strength at reserve the crucial difference.

Why is it a massive advantage 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Poole had to have the fist leg, not their choice it was forced upon them.

Thanks for clearing that up & what a joke that a team finishes top & still doesn’t get a choice anymore.

Another great thing television has done to the sport!!!

1 hour ago, orion said:

Why is it a massive advantage 

It’s been proven over the seasons that the team with the 2nd leg at home wins more.

The fact is that both Poole & Swindon didn’t have a choice which is why the league positions are for.

Might as well just put the balls in a bag in future if that’s the case.

46 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

It’s been proven over the seasons that the team with the 2nd leg at home wins more.

Well of course  they do  as the best team ( higher placed )  rides the second leg at home  .if the higher placed team rode the home  leg first at home  the  stat would be the other way around .. so try again what is  the big advantage 

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Thanks for clearing that up & what a joke that a team finishes top & still doesn’t get a choice anymore.

So you don't want the playoffs on tv anymore? I think tv has been good for the sport in general. I would prefer the home leg second so you can celebrate the victory if you win at your home track but it wouldn't have changed the result of the first semi in my opinion. 

• Like 1

It might be just a coincidence, but since televised domestic speedway started, crowds have declined on a yearly basis. Anyone watching it for the first time, would hardly be tempted to hand over £20 to see it live. The last few offerings have been bloody awful, racing wise.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

post deleted

Edited by tocha
wrong information

4 minutes ago, tocha said:

post deleted

Ha, is that cos Ipswich could have kept Thurs and Poole rode Friday? Trouble is too many clashes and the weather was worse on Friday than Thursday anyway! 

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

It might be just a coincidence, but since televised domestic speedway started, crowds have declined on a yearly basis. Anyone watching it for the first time, would hardly be tempted to hand over £20 to see it live. The last few offerings have been bloody awful, racing wise.

Crowds were  declined on a yearly basis long before  domestic tv was  televised . Speedway has always been   first from the gate most of the time . 

Edited by orion

Fingers crossed that Jensen, Schlein & Morris come through tonight and tomorrow''s fixtures without injury...... Oh ... and that rain stays away :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, orion said:

Well of course  they do  as the best team ( higher placed )  rides the second leg at home  .if the higher placed team rode the home  leg first at home  the  stat would be the other way around .. so try again what is  the big advantage 

So if it wasn’t an advantage why do the higher team not choose to have the home leg first?.

Surely they all can’t be wrong?.

• Like 2