British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the track gets wet before the start it will favour the away team and take away home advantage. Light rain/drizzle expected around 6pm from Met Office.

Ditto any meeting on any track.

Cannot see this meeting getting off the ground tonight looking at various weather forecasts. Even if they do start the meeting the usual faffing about at the start and 10,000 mile servicing of the bikes after numerous false starts will just result in the the track getting wetter and wetter and ready for yet another call-off. It might only be light rain or drizzle forecast around 6 pm but it is what is forecast between 7.30 and 9.30 and it does not look like drizzle to me. But we live in hope.

Edited by mike1944

4 minutes ago, mike1944 said:

Cannot see this meeting getting off the ground tonight looking at various weather forecasts. Even if they do start the meeting the usual faffing about at the start and 10,000 mile servicing of the bikes after numerous false starts will just result in the the track getting wetter and wetter and ready for yet another call-off. It might only be light rain or drizzle forecast around 6 pm but it is what is forecast between 7.30 and 9.30 and it does not look like drizzle to me. But we live in hope.

Gather you not a favourite of gardening and adjusting chains etc. Don’t think many fans are, but what fans think don’t seem to matter too much these days.

Shame this one looks to be in the lap of the weather gods.

In decent weather and the track prepared as well as it has been a lot of the time this season, this match would be an absolute corker. You can imagine the rain playing havoc with the visibility at best and the track as the meeting progresses, though. Throw in a few jumps at the tapes and general faffing, it could be a frustrating evening. 

I had some friends interested coming to their first meeting tonight, but I’ll probably recommend they save it for tonight as I don’t want to run the risk of going home disappointed after just 7 heats of crap speedway.

Edited by Speedy swindon pete
  • Like 1

Rain , wet track play off semi . Been here before tends to mean home defeat

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If called off when would rearranged match take place?

41 minutes ago, orion said:

I won’t be too bothered if we were to lose tonight, if conditions are poor though and the racing/performance suffers, it would just be a shame to have a “what could of been” situation.

Generally I've looked at BBC Weather Web site before travelling to away meetings. Following a forum discussion a few months ago I added XC Weather and found this to be a very good indicator of predicted and actual rain fall. From a Wolves viewpoint I've always felt the Abbey has its own eco-system!!! Sunshine at Birdlip doesn't mean it's dry in Blunsdon etc. What's the view of fans local to the track?

45 minutes ago, orion said:

Look what happened at Poole last week when it rained. Home advantage out the window. Squeaky bum time in Penhill, Rodbourne and Walcott.:lol:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Walcott.:lol:

Theo ?

13 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Generally I've looked at BBC Weather Web site before travelling to away meetings. Following a forum discussion a few months ago I added XC Weather and found this to be a very good indicator of predicted and actual rain fall. From a Wolves viewpoint I've always felt the Abbey has its own eco-system!!! Sunshine at Birdlip doesn't mean it's dry in Blunsdon etc. What's the view of fans local to the track?

You are right about the location, before now it has been raining in Swindon but Blunsdon has been dry and the opposite has also happened.  Presumably BT would already have been setting up and a tweet about an hour ago stated all systems go, so will wear a few jumpers against the cold and waterproofs just in case of showers.   

1 hour ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Shame this one looks to be in the lap of the weather gods.

In decent weather and the track prepared as well as it has been a lot of the time this season, this match would be an absolute corker. You can imagine the rain playing havoc with the visibility at best and the track as the meeting progresses, though. Throw in a few jumps at the tapes and general faffing, it could be a frustrating evening. 

I had some friends interested coming to their first meeting tonight, but I’ll probably recommend they save it for tonight as I don’t want to run the risk of going home disappointed after just 7 heats of crap speedway.

The weather is always speedway's enemy.

13 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

You are right about the location, before now it has been raining in Swindon but Blunsdon has been dry and the opposite has also happened.  Presumably BT would already have been setting up and a tweet about an hour ago stated all systems go, so will wear a few jumpers against the cold and waterproofs just in case of showers.   

lets see around 6/7pm if any rain  ????

Meeting off  will now be thurs Oct 10th