British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

Annoying but probably the best decision. Bet the track is soaked as it is already. Started raining in Swindon already. Way ahead of forecast.

28 minutes ago, Bunce said:

So what has happened to the Ipswich v TBC meeting that was originally scheduled for the 10th ?

Put back a week 

On 9/30/2019 at 4:57 PM, Crazy robin said:

Absolute joke as Swindon wanted the away leg first & should’ve stuck to that. They didn’t change the Poole vs Ipswich meetings round when rain intervened.

A massive advantage now for Wolves having the 2nd leg at home.

Why wait until October every season to have the play offs as do Sweden & Poland wait till then. No they don’t.

Hope the Robins win but with both sides having flakey riders at times I give Wolves strength at reserve the crucial difference.

Can we now agree the following :-

1. Swindon have a "massive advantage" by hosting the 2nd leg.

2. If Wolves progress to the final, it will be a huge backs to the wall performance against all the odds,  especially as Swindon finished above them in the table  and nearly topped the league ?

3. If Swindon fail  they will have "massively" underperformed and let themselves down ?

Of course everyone is expecting Swindon to progress because of their "massive advantage" aren't they ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

How about someone actually looks at the forecast and schedules the meetings for dry days, instead of hoping the forecast will change

Sounds like a plan.

Do we have to use Thursdays, as long as it’s not affecting riders what’s the real problem with riding it on any day, preferably when the forecast shows it as ok.

Horrible out there im 5 minutes from stadium and rain has really settled in and the roads are pretty wet now no way this would had started 

Why doesn't a promotor phone Berwick and say can we hire your track covers. 

I know it would mean a bit of forward thinking but stranger things have happened. 

Admittedly it wouldn't have helped tonight, but if rain was forecast in the days leading upto the meeting and day of meeting was forecast to be dry they could help getting it on.

3 hours ago, Bunce said:

So what has happened to the Ipswich v TBC meeting that was originally scheduled for the 10th ?

who would the ride ?? :rofl:

Rain is predicted from 8 tonight so if correct will the meeting go ahead or not.  With a ten point lead and the Robins showing last night that they can cope with a wet track better than the Wolves riders I can only see us going through to meet Ipswich in the final. 

As a travelling Wolves fan I think it would be best if Swindon rode at home to Ipswich in the 1st leg of the final tonight. We could then drive to Cricklade,  have a few beers, turn around and head home. 

1 minute ago, Lefty said:

As a travelling Wolves fan I think it would be best if Swindon rode at home to Ipswich in the 1st leg of the final tonight. We could then drive to Cricklade,  have a few beers, turn around and head home. 

In the Red Lion. If the weather holds should be comfortable Robins win. Crowd wont be as big. When can they race this if postponed?

23 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Checked the met office weather radar & it looks like the rain will miss us today - I sincerely hope that proves to be right.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcntr93j0

I hope rain hits and levels up the tie. Take away any home advantage. Either way I can’t see Swindon blowing a 10 point lead, let’s face it they aren’t Poole.

We also all know about both clubs in the play offs winning their away legs. Fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

Please can someone who correctly predicted the rain at 7 last night tell me what we are going to get in Swindon tonight?!