British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A team takes its lead from the top. Everytime the camera has been on Peter Adams he is chewing gum and had a blank look on his face. Did he have a labotomy recently?

A passionless manager who has gone well past his sell by date. And his grit and pride has rubbed off on his team, half of who can’t even manage 4 laps. Absolute, utter rubbish. Not Swindon’s fault but Wolves have turned up with a white flag attached to their handlebars.

Unusually, totally agree.

27 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

They'd still reach the first bend first.

I suspect Swindon have all had their engines tuned/serviced for this... much as Wolves USED to do when we reached the playoffs.

Wolves just don't give a crap, club is in total apathy it seems.

We're back to the Steve Johnston on a Flymo days. Apathy's the right word. The realisation dawned, when the terraces started to empty, that doing nothing was not an option, hence the investment in Woffinden. 

Adams and CVS can't possibly be around much longer so are unlikely to want to plough money into the club knowing they might not be around to see the return on the investment (CVS already on record as saying buying riders outright these days is pointless).

We may be about to embark on one of those periods all supporters dread, uncertainty on the future of their track/team.

Something's got to change but is there anyone out there who would take it on?:unsure:

Edited by Wolfsbane

9 minutes ago, acef said:

It's a public forum. He can share his opinion however he wants to.

Who are the hell are you to tell him to shut up?

A wolves fan whose team has been squashed with no fight and a manager who would rather be in McDonalds.

Well done to Swindon. All too easy. Same again next week though. Ipswich are not a good team even though in the final. Expecting it to be similar.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A wolves fan whose team has been squashed with no fight and a manager who would rather be in McDonalds.

Well done to Swindon. All too easy. Same again next week though. Ipswich are not a good team even though in the final. Expecting it to be similar.

You know all about that being Poole fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it’s a foregone conclusion about who will win overall (Swindon) but I expect it will at least be a competitive and close first leg at Foxhall....whatever it is, it will surely be better than the utter uncompetitive rubbish we have witnessed these past two nights!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think to criticise Peter Adams for his managerial ability is fine  not that i agree but its all about opinions.

To be personally derogatory about him is out of order . 

• Like 2

SUPER SWINDON

2 bike problems in 2 races for Morris. This is beyond unprofessional from Wolves. 

Well done Swindon. Did well above what I would expect them to do over the two legs esp last night, with two riders that aren't known for liking the wet! 

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Adams should fall on his sword after this. Failed to motivate his team at all. The whole 1-7 showing the same apathy. Where’s the pride?

All teams get well beaten at times but normally there’s a couple of riders showing some grit.

He is ‘doin a Middlo’ (last evidenced in Ipswich 3 weeks ago).

• Like 1

I love it when Kelv says "you could throw a blanket over all four riders," when there's 40 feet between first and last.

He must have a massive bed.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Is the same wolves team that was the in form team that could beat anyone

Well they did draw at Swindon before, but then so did we! Lol. Seems Swindon just step up another level when needed!