British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

Looks like they've made a fairly decent job of the new track.  Not much of a wide line, is that normal or because it was slicker then usual?

Possibly better with more banking??

Just now, Stoke Potter said:

Looks like they've made a fairly decent job of the new track.  Not much of a wide line, is that normal or because it was slicker then usual?

The wide line is good now especially around bends 3 and 4. But was slicker tonight for obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

They are building up the banking on bends 1 and 2 gradually

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Masters and Morris shouldn’t be anywhere near Wolves next season. Looks like Masters has stuck 2 fingers up to Wolves over the play offs since he nailed his colours to Edinburgh last week.

I'd include Thorssell in that hes not improved.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done Swindon. Is it over yet? I switched it off after heat 5.

The good news is that there is more speedway next week where you can watch the Robins efforts to secure a league and cup double.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

They are building up the banking on bends 1 and 2 gradually

If they sort out more banking I suspect it will make it a very good track, even when conditions have to be slicker like tonight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

I'd include Thorssell in that hes not improved.

Had an iffy start to the season with his injury and took him a while to get going. On a low enough average for next year at least.

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Had an iffy start to the season with his injury and took him a while to get going. On a low enough average for next year at least.

Trouble is hes a one track pony you have to agree Steve.

I was expecting Swindon to make it through to the final tonight, but wasn’t expecting Wolves to make it so easy for us. Shocking display from a very good team.

The track was very good considering the amount of rain we’ve had recently, especially yesterday evening. Unfortunately Wolves didn’t fancy making a fight of it so we didn’t see much actual racing on it. Passing was hard work because it was particularly slick, but not surprising considering the circumstances. Well done to the track team.

Swindon should really go on to win the final now. Anything else would be a massive choke/freak result. But Ipswich will put up a good fight I’m sure. If they can get an 8 point advantage from the first leg, it will make things very interesting for the 2nd leg. Hopefully it will be more competitive than tonight and at least create some atmosphere at the stadium. Lack of competition tonight made things very flat indeed.

Vissing making the usual suspects look like muppets again tonight. Keep it up lad. Just wish Perks could make a gate every now and then, got plenty of pace, but last out the start each time.

Great work from the boys over the last two nights. Hilarious thinking about all the panic mid way through the meeting at Poole on the TV earlier in the year, when we had a bit of a mid meeting slump and everyone was saying we don’t stand a chance of even making the Play-Offs with such a long tail, which we then came back to lose by just 2 points on the night. We’ve gone from strength to strength since. Just shows that people should have a little faith.

• Like 1

Well done the Robins but I expected  more from Wolves; they're a much better team than they showed tonight.

A professional job by Capt Doyle and his men.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

Why are you still posting ..your team went out ages ago ...

Oh hi Starman. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done Swindon. Is it over yet? I switched it off after heat 5.

I think you lasted longer than most! 

50 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Trouble is hes a one track pony you have to agree Steve.

He wasn’t that bad last year but has had very indifferent form this year that’s true.

One thing I did notice. When Ellis rides with Doyle he seems more confident. His starting seems better and he is fast and gone. But when in a heat without Doyle he seems less confident. 

Do Swindon fans notice this? He has continued to improve and seems to be close to becoming third heat leader. Just a little inconsistent.

• Like 1