British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

Well done Swindon top team against a very disappointing Wolves side, can't believe how bad they were.Onwards to the final where Ipswich have perennial play off man Harris who always struggles at Ipswich but could be a trump card at Swindon. 

Wolves rubbish, only riders worth retaining are Howarth & Becker.

Heats 7, 9 & 11 were good, rest of it was gate & go. Racing over after half a lap, but better than the old Blunsdon.

Swindon to win the final by 40+ on aggregate.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well done Swindon top team against a very disappointing Wolves side, can't believe how bad they were.Onwards to the final where Ipswich have perennial play off man Harris who always struggles at Ipswich but could be a trump card at Swindon. 

He was our trump card on our last visit to Swindon. Scored a massive 3 points from 5,,, but that wasn't a play off,,,, and everyone knows about play off Bomber.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A really strong performance from the Robins and you had to feel for the Wolves because the gods spoilt it  for them on Wednesday evening.The track was slick but the track was superb very smooth and Doyle, Ellis,Rasser really attacked the track and riders later on in the meeting were going wider and wider on bend two.Give a  good mention to Kyle Howarth he was gritty and was pretty quick and was impressive  next is Ippo and good luck to both sides.

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

One thing I did notice. When Ellis rides with Doyle he seems more confident. His starting seems better and he is fast and gone. But when in a heat without Doyle he seems less confident. 

Do Swindon fans notice this? He has continued to improve and seems to be close to becoming third heat leader. Just a little inconsistent.

He's been very good this season and him and Doyley ride well together. A cert to be back next year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

He's been very good this season and him and Doyley ride well together. A cert to be back next year.

Dog just imagine what Adam's average would of been without the tape exclusion's.? He has had a solid year and is one of the few who has the pace to stay with Doyley.What i like about Adam is if he has a duff ride here and there he responds he never goes missing he is Swindon's gain and Poole's loss.

Well done to the Robins the best team on both nights ,it helps to have the best rider in the league in your team( I would have dearly loved Fast Freddie to have been there to wipe the smirks off his and Rossco's faces)but it is what it is as they say .

I think that the Robins will go on to win the title and after the issues with you track and stadium it is no more than the fans deserve,as for Wolves 4/5 taxis are in order I think

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

One thing I did notice. When Ellis rides with Doyle he seems more confident. His starting seems better and he is fast and gone. But when in a heat without Doyle he seems less confident. 

Do Swindon fans notice this? He has continued to improve and seems to be close to becoming third heat leader. Just a little inconsistent.

Adam has really kicked on this year. I think he career is on the up....just needs to cut some silly starting mistakes out but other than that he's one of the first names on next year's team sheet, an absolute must in my eyes.

• Like 1

Never understood Matt Fords call to not bring Adam Ellis back to Poole. A likeable rider who did well in the season he had with us. Thought it was a mistake at the time and Matts error was certainly Swindon’s gain.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Never understood Matt Fords call to not bring Adam Ellis back to Poole. A likeable rider who did well in the season he had with us. Thought it was a mistake at the time and Matts error was certainly Swindon’s gain.  

Doyle, Ellis and Perks have all left the FPA recently after being discarded by Poole. Doyle becoming World Champion. Adam has continued to improve in each of the 3 years he has been at The Abbey and young Perks has stepped up massively on his previous showings in Robins colours with his ‘never say die’ attitude and effort not in doubt. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see all 3 in the 2020 line up.

Are these examples because Rosco is a better motivator than Neil, creating a team ethic and bringing out the best out of riders or is it Swindon are just a bigger and better run club? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Doyle, Ellis and Perks have all left the FPA recently after being discarded by Poole. Doyle becoming World Champion. Adam has continued to improve in each of the 3 years he has been at The Abbey and young Perks has stepped up massively on his previous showings in Robins colours with his ‘never say die’ attitude and effort not in doubt. 

Are these examples because Rosco is a better motivator than Neil, creating a team ethic and bringing out the best out of riders or is it Swindon are just a bigger and better run club? 

Yes just think of all those titles Poole didn't win lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cause he is a prat that is why 

2 hours ago, theblueboy said:

I don't recall Perks ever riding for Poole (unless I blinked and missed it!) was just signed as an asset.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You didn't want to take the risk on the high average he had at the time - Swindon took the risk and he continues to improve!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That was the year we had to decide between him and brady and tbf at the the time i did prefer ellis but Kurtz is the better rider atm,would rather ellis in the poole team tho tbh.