British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

Revised date for the Play Off semi final after all the rain offs.  Swindon has now reverted to the second leg if next mondays meeting at Wolves goes ahead.  With the second leg we will know what score from the first leg we have to beat.   

Edited by A ORLOV

Would have preferred the away leg first but it is what it is. Have to hit em hard from start. At home Swindon seem to start well, fade a bit in the middle, then finish strongly. Need big home lead by at least 10.

• Like 2

A ten  plus win if the track is better than the Belle Vue meeting ?. i fancy a 12 point home win.Looking at this Wolves side it does not scare me with Howarth, Becker, Morris, Thorsell all for me unstrustworthy.

Edited by Sidney the robin

All will depend on the weather and how the track is prepared accordingly.

Given all things equal I fancy a 6 point home win. 

5 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Would have preferred the away leg first but it is what it is. Have to hit em hard from start. At home Swindon seem to start well, fade a bit in the middle, then finish strongly. Need big home lead by at least 10.

In the 2017 final against  Wolves, you had the home leg first and went on to win the tie.....................

58 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

In the 2017 final against  Wolves, you had the home leg first and went on to win the tie.....................

I knows but the dogs didn't have their top 2..Freddie and Thorsell. It was a shock home defeat. Don't know why Robins were home first?   Edit..twas bcoz of the dog racing. The Robins fans were very downbeat after that first leg defeat.

Edited by auntie doris

Given a choice Wolves tend to choose the home leg first so it's not something they would have wanted.

• Like 1

Absolute joke as Swindon wanted the away leg first & should’ve stuck to that. They didn’t change the Poole vs Ipswich meetings round when rain intervened.

A massive advantage now for Wolves having the 2nd leg at home.

Why wait until October every season to have the play offs as do Sweden & Poland wait till then. No they don’t.

Hope the Robins win but with both sides having flakey riders at times I give Wolves strength at reserve the crucial difference.

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Given a choice Wolves tend to choose the home leg first so it's not something they would have wanted.

They didn’t have the choice as Swindon finished above them so totally irrelevant anyway.

9 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Absolute joke as Swindon wanted the away leg first & should’ve stuck to that. They didn’t change the Poole vs Ipswich meetings round when rain intervened.

Why wait until October every season to have the play offs as do Sweden & Poland wait till then. No they don’t.

Hope the Robins win but with both sides having flakey riders at times I give Wolves strength at reserve the crucial difference.

Poole had to have the fist leg, not their choice it was forced upon them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Agree with your sentiment but Monmore isn't available on Thursdays due to greyhound racing so very little choice unfortunately

• Like 1