British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Wolves Play Off Semi Final now 2nd leg 10.10. 19

6 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Could a team that finishes fourth from bottom really win a League Title???  Name that Sport???

Nope :wink:

17 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Could a team that finishes fourth from bottom really win a League Title???  Name that Sport???

Not unique to Britain, in 2017 Smederna finished 5th out of 8 and won the Elitserien play-offs

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Yes Tipton Tiddlywinkers finished 4th. from bottom of the Dudley Tiddlywinks League. Only 4 in league therefore crowned champions.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Yes Tipton Tiddlywinkers finished 4th. from bottom of the Dudley Tiddlywinks League. Only 4 in league therefore crowned champions.

As long as they beat Cradley Tiddlyw*nkers then it sounds okay by me!!! :drink:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lefty said:

As long as they beat Cradley Tiddlyw*nkers then it sounds okay by me!!! :drink:

Sedgeley Tividale and Coseley make up the Premier..Cradley in Championship.

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Yep that same team lead the comp  earlier in the year, team change and a lot stronger team with a home track.to suit ALL home riders,witches won’t be easy 

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Dont think theyve finished top ?

Nope, never. Wolves love the play-offs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lefty said:

Should be table toppers in to final. 2nd and 3rd play off over 2 legs to see who gets the final spot.

• Like 1

Weather now isn't looking too good for tomorrow. Rain possible from 6pm. 50% chance of it by 9pm.

21 minutes ago, dog said:

Weather now isn't looking too good for tomorrow. Rain possible from 6pm. 50% chance of it by 9pm.

I think only light rain so hopefully not enough to call the meeting off.

To reiterate a previous post, I don't get why we are running our play offs in October. We could have had the season done & dusted by the end of August with the Play offs in the first two weeks of September. Between April & the end of August there were 22 weeks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

At least there's a silver lining if it's off,can watch Wanderers in Istanbul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think only light rain so hopefully not enough to call the meeting off.

Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

To reiterate a previous post, I don't get why we are running our play offs in October. We could have had the season done & dusted by the end of August with the Play offs in the first two weeks of September. Between April & the end of August there were 22 weeks. 

Bar last year August has had more rain fall than October in recent years ...no one can judge when the rain is going to hit in the uk

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, orion said:

Bar last year August has had more rain fall than October in recent years ...no one can judge when the rain is going to hit in the uk

My point is we shouldn’t be going into October for play offs....look at the forecast for the next 10-15 days, where can we fit 1, let alone 4 matches in!

• Like 1