British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

Early ending season for us this year so need to make sure that doesnt happen again. 

I think this will be the nucleus of the team. Then just fill in the blanks

Fricke 8.81

Kurtz 7.54

Bewley 6.31

Lidsey 5.16

Assuming limit will stick at 42.50 it leaves 14.68 for 3 riders

Do we go top heavy or get good reserves. 

I'd take hans on a 5.79 average and possibly keep Etheridge 4.35 leaving 4.54 for the final rider (jordan stewart maybe)

Fricke

Kurtz

Bewley

Hans

Lidsey

Etheridge

Stewart

I would like to see

Max Fricke

Dan Bewley

C Wright

J Lidsey

B Kurtz

the 2 reserves taken from the N L and have 3 rides each against each other only

K Bickley

J Palin.

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Early ending season for us this year so need to make sure that doesnt happen again. 

I think this will be the nucleus of the team. Then just fill in the blanks

Fricke 8.81

Kurtz 7.54

Bewley 6.31

Lidsey 5.16

Assuming limit will stick at 42.50 it leaves 14.68 for 3 riders

Do we go top heavy or get good reserves. 

I'd take hans on a 5.79 average and possibly keep Etheridge 4.35 leaving 4.54 for the final rider (jordan stewart maybe)

Fricke

Kurtz

Bewley

Hans

Lidsey

Etheridge

Stewart

Poole are doing a 2 for 1 offer, you have Brady, you get Jack for free. With some Nurofren thrown in for Lemo :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

After a early finish for the Aces why aren’t BV running some end of season challenge meetings for fans? Makes sense as fans who have season tickets have really been sort changed with BV failure to make play offs! We have riders and the stadium so should use it but seems odd and a bit like they can not be bothered. 

34 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

After a early finish for the Aces why aren’t BV running some end of season challenge meetings for fans? Makes sense as fans who have season tickets have really been sort changed with BV failure to make play offs! We have riders and the stadium so should use it but seems odd and a bit like they can not be bothered. 

Still quite a few meetings to come at Belle Vue, Colts have semi final playoff (and possibly final) and a cup final to come. Better then meaningless challenge meetings.

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Presumably because they don't want lose money running meaningless meetings

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Because theyve still got 2 or 3 meetings to fit in.    A Cup final, a play-off semi-final, and possibly a play-off final?

As your team is Sheffield, can you list all the meetings Sheffield have put on since 11 September?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Presumably because they don't want lose money running meaningless meetings

Fair point. But if they put on a meeting with a good field, coz there lots of top riders about, maybe they would make some cash? 

Let's have a go at this one...

1. M. Fricke 8.81

2. S. Worrall 5.67

3. M. Zagar ???

4. J. Lidsey 5.16

5. D. Bewley 6.31

6. J. Steward ???

7. D. Ayres ???

Not sure how close that is to 42.5 

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Fair point. But if they put on a meeting with a good field, coz there lots of top riders about, maybe they would make some cash? 

Most of top riders have finished for the season, especially after GP on Saturday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Most of top riders have finished for the season, especially after GP on Saturday.

Sure there is lots of good riders about who would like to earn a few quid, season goes to end Oct and it’s a long long winter and sure BV would want much needed cash. Ok there is Colts meetings but don’t think crowds are that good and won’t earn much cash. 

M.Fricke 8.81

B.Kurtz 7.54

D.Bewley 6.31

H.Andersen 5.79

J.Lidsey 5.16

N.B.Jakobsen 4.48

J.Etheridge 4.35

21 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Why have season ticket holders been short changed, and why make this statement as a non Aces fan who clearly has no idea what value Aces season tickets are?  To put you straight I have a season ticket and I have got every single match that was stated my ticket included this season.  Please think before you post ridiculous and quite frankly slanderous, factually incorrect comments.

Edited by SUPERACE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

Why have season ticket holders been short changed, and why make this statement as a non Aces fan who clearly has no idea what value Aces season tickets are?  To put you straight I have a season ticket and I have got every single match that was stated my ticket included this season.  Please think before you post ridiculous and quite frankly slanderous, factually incorrect comments.

I am a tigers and a aces fan, more aces now since Sheffield move race days. Because aces failed to make top 4 we have missed out on a meeting or 2. Strange I would have thought speedway fans wanted more meetings not less.? 

6 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I am a tigers and a aces fan, more aces now since Sheffield move race days. Because aces failed to make top 4 we have missed out on a meeting or 2. Strange I would have thought speedway fans wanted more meetings not less.? 

Belle Vue's season hasn't finished.   Still potentially 3 home matches left.   The first of which is tomorrow.

Would be a bit stupid trying to pencil in open meetings when the dates are needed for play-offs and cup finals.

if you want some meaningless open meetings, why not do as suggested above and ask Sheffield?  They've had every day free since Sept 11.   As a second division club they'd probably draw a massive crowd if they invited all these top liners who you believe are free and desperate for meetings.

• Like 2