British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Theresa are you half cut :D

I reckon it was her way of getting Poole 2020 thread off the first page.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

I reckon it was her way of getting Poole 2020 thread off the first page.

You're bloody good m8!

• Like 1

It has been for the last few years so I do not see why not?

perhaps there could be a special memorial race for Peter Williams

Could be war of the roses this year 

• Like 1

I would worry aces fans. Really thought batch would move to us  but hes stayed at swindon  who will we get in at 1 now 

Kurtz

Bewley

Wright

Lidsey

Worrall 

Just over 12 left. Do we go for a big hitter at 1 and a 3 pointer or strength in depth so either 

Kurtz

Bellego

Bewley

Hans

Wright

Worrall

Lidsey

Or

Kurtz

Worrall

Bewley

Tungate

Wright

Lidsey

Summers 

Got to be Kurtz heading your way now .

5 minutes ago, Pob said:

Got to be Kurtz heading your way now .

Kurtz is yeah. But at the moment as no1. We him to back someone up. Not someone back him up. Could be a loooooong season 

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Kurtz is yeah. But at the moment as no1. We him to back someone up. Not someone back him up. Could be a loooooong season 

Sounds like the situation the Witches found themselves last season. Ok we got away with it for most of the season because of our reserves.

TBH it could be the same this season as well with the Witches. Hoping Klindt is at Foxhall but as the No1 back up not our No1.

If as rumoured we loose Fricke and possibly Bjerre, we are going to have a problem getting an out and out No1, to replace Fricke. With batch now resigned for Swindon the most likely rider that they will release would be R. Jensen, who had a big difference between his home average and his away average.

That leaves B, Kurtz, J Holder, and N Klindt, none of whom are No 1s. so that looks like we will be going with strength in depth. Unless we can tempt a big hitter from abroad, which would take up all the TV money, or we find a big sponsor.

Yeah, you definitely don't want Brady as the no1. Need to tempt someone over if you have the money to, as who would not want that as their home track??

I’m sure plenty want the NSS as their home track but I think the sticking point may well be how much we would be prepared to pay them??

Think the days of us paying riders £3k a meeting are long gone sadly. 

Yes we are on a  very strict budget now and rightly so.  Dont want cripple the club for the sake of 1 rider  so mark has a very difficult job. 

And I think this year we could be last years Peterborough 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Yes we are on a  very strict budget now and rightly so.  Dont want cripple the club for the sake of 1 rider  so mark has a very difficult job. 

And I think this year we could be last years Peterborough 

Under the circumstances, I think I'd rather be Peterborough 2019 than Workington 2018!  At least we get to see decent racing each week and if Mark can uncover more Jaimon Lidsey's, the joy of watching someone improve. 

I'm hoping (and presuming) that we have the Colts to watch next year as an added bonus.  Any idea on this Phil?

14 minutes ago, coldace said:

Under the circumstances, I think I'd rather be Peterborough 2019 than Workington 2018!  At least we get to see decent racing each week and if Mark can uncover more Jaimon Lidsey's, the joy of watching someone improve. 

I'm hoping (and presuming) that we have the Colts to watch next year as an added bonus.  Any idea on this Phil?

Yes the colts will be at the NSS again next year. What the leagues going to be like is anyones guess though. The NL AGM is in the next few weeks  

We have an ok core of the team (5 riders) but last to are crucial 

We can wither get a no1 in and go with a 3 pointer atbreseeve or go with kurtz at 1 and have a solid team. Something along the lines of this 

Kurtz

Bellego

Bewley

Hans

Wright

Worrall

Lidsey

Or

No1

Worrall

Wright

Bewley