British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

I think killer will be a total disappointment, and probably an over paid waste of money one at that.   Can see a few past it riders coming back for far more cash than they are worth, the extra tv revenue will soon be wasted away, just like before. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Even though everyone is saying bjerre not doing uk. I can see him at Peterborough 

Bloody hope so, because we are in trouble if we don't sign him !!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Even though everyone is saying bjerre not doing uk. I can see him at Peterborough 

Hope so. 21.24 for 3 riders of Andersen, Harris, BWD and Ostergaard signed as expected 

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Happy with kurtz. Not to much about being no1. Would have preferred him to back up a no1. But a fresh scenery could see him blossom. 

Killer I'm unsure about. If he get get his form back then great. But looks worse year on year. 

I will reserve judgement though till half way through season. What we lose in top 2 we gain at reserve and 2nd string. 

And with killer, kurtz,bewley, and wright if anything we will get entertainment. 

Also everyone can improve there average. Theres notba rider that cant. Only really killer worry. 

Saying that Ipswich Peterborough are struggling for top end riders. So he may well do.ok

Fingers crossed Killer isn’t like the Chrzanowski signing a few years ago.  On his day Killer is mustard but he has not had a good year

I share the concerns about Kildermand. I hope we see the form he is capable of producing. However, if he doesn't, we must learn from the mistake we made last year in not replacing  Wells before his average dropped and look for other options before that happens. 

Kurtz is not as good as Fricke but he should improve his average and do well at the NSS. A change of scenery and a consistent home track will also help.

We will have a good season if we can build a solid side that starts with Lidsey at reserve and enough points for a quality second reserve. 

6 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Well no big names at wolves Steve?

Ditto Ipswich, Ditto Kings Lynn, Ditto Peterborough.

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

Blimey, Steve, you’re hard to please.

Every year you say riders don’t want to return and then when Pedersen and Kildemand do, you snipe at them.

Meanwhile, we’re all looking forward to seeing them race, because they are racers!

What on earth on you about?

Pedersen is in the twilight of his career and I’ve already said it’s exciting for British Speedway that’s he’s back. So where is the sniping?

ive commented on Kildemand that has been echoed by other Aces fans. Are they sniping too?  or pointing out he has had a shocking season and might not be the exciting talent he was last time he was here is just keeping it real without going overboard.

Evidence has shown less and less top riders want to ride here or the clubs can’t afford them (whichever you believe).

on the plus side tho it seems Eurosport may be the catalyst for some riders wanting to come back because it helps raise their profile.

Id love to think more are to be announced and it would be a pure joy if that happens.

Im a fan of a much stronger league so this is exactly what I want so it’s really not that hard to please me at all. 

2020 BV team looking ok. Shame about not getting Max but from what I hear it’s all about money!

7 hours ago, dougie70 said:

Not surprised they get greedy 

A lttle harsh I think riders have to make the most they can while they can ( they are not all Hancock's  riding at the top level at 50yrs old ) as  self employed working in a team structure  and sadly the big money is no longer available  in this country anymore .

• Like 1

Let’s hope we are all proved wrong with our team it’s a shame max or Kenneth are not coming back he 2 great riders that will be missed 

• Like 1