British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

Just now, coldace said:

As long as they don't 'poach' Kenneth Bjerre I really don't care.  We may need him ourselves!

I have a feeling kenny will be in for killer mid way in season. If averages allow of course 

14 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

For all of what????? 6/8 weeks 

Then what are sheffield going to do 

Kildermand was shocking last year and Kurtz has never been a consistent number 1... dont think its a great top two 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Kildermand was shocking last year and Kurtz has never been a consistent number 1... dont think its a great top two 

Except for doyle and maybe batch (at home anyway) who is a rider that can consistently bang in double figures??????

Killer is a gamble. But with a 7.10 average is a gamble worth taking as it allows us very strong reserves and good 2nd strings. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Except for doyle and maybe batch (at home anyway) who is a rider that can consistently bang in double figures??????

Killer is a gamble. But with a 7.10 average is a gamble worth taking as it allows us very strong reserves and good 2nd strings. 

Pedersen will hes still good in Poland and no reason to think he wont over here, also think Holder at home especially will do well 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Kildermand was shocking last year and Kurtz has never been a consistent number 1... dont think its a great top tw

I agree largely but feel that Kurz is at the stage of development where this is where he kick's on.  Remember Fricke was similarly inconsistent and unconvincing in 2017 but last year kicked on to be a proper number one.  Some of the improvement was down to the consistently good state of the track.  He never misses an opportunity to praise the NSS and how much he likes riding it.  From watching Kurtz on televised meetings at Poole, he looked uncomfortable on that frankly dreadful track.  We will see! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Pedersen will hes still good in Poland and no reason to think he wont over here, also think Holder at home especially will do well 

He was good in poland last time he was over here. Ask Peterborough fans what they think of him

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

I'm exited by the way the team is shaping up. Would love to have Charles Wright confirmed. If everything falls into place we'll have either Jaimon or Stevie at reserve throughout the season. It's a big move and a big season for Brady Kurtz. I think he'll kick on and be as good as Max and be the next Aussie superstar. Under Lemo's guidance and having a home track that was made for racers like him, Brady will step up I'm sure. Got to be an improvement on the last Brady to inhabit Gorton! 

22 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He was good in poland last time he was over here. Ask Peterborough fans what they think of him

He was average at best imo ...

4 hours ago, Blupanther said:

He was average at best imo ...

He was good at knocking his team mates off

• Like 2

Pedersen was especially friendly with Troy Batchelor they just got on so well riding in the same team, just a shame Nicki didn't realise they were actually team mates at the time

Has Kildemand ever ridden the NSS before?

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Has Kildemand ever ridden the NSS before?

yes scored 10 pts 3x heat wins riding for poole in 2017 !!

5 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

yes scored 10 pts 3x heat wins riding for poole in 2017 !!

Rode well that night.  Certainly entertaining as I remember.  I think he should be ok at home and will put himself about, no doubt.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, coldace said:

Rode well that night.  Certainly entertaining as I remember.  I think he should be ok at home and will put himself about, no doubt.

He’s much more entertaining than Kenny Bjerre and more likely to step up to the plate in big meetings, home and away.

Even if he ends with a 7 average, compared to Bjerre’s 7.75, you’ll get value for money!