British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

I think Charles Wright is a seriously underated rider and he will be a great signing for the Aces.Bewley is a real talent and for me for him to realise his full potential he needs to stay with the Aces ie) in all of his Premiership career.Last year he bounced back after horrific injuries and was just getting back into the swing of thing's  again.I saw him ride  against Swindon in the cup final and when the NSS  dried out a bit and created new lines Dan was unbelievable.Belle Vue with a core of Kurtz, Bewley, Wright, Lidsey to build around look to have exciting times around the corner.

Edited by Sidney the robin

To be fair this last season in the 3 meetings at P/Bourgh Charles and Dan only met once and that resulted in both riders coming together and both retiring from the meeting, In 3 meetings at Belle Vue, Dan beat Charles twice and was leading on the 3rd occasion before retiring with E/F. At the end of the day Charles is a local lad and rides the NSS extremely well as was shown when he won the British title this year, if he has/does ride for us this next season I and I'm pretty sure all Belle Vue fans will welcome him with open arms.

Edited by hyderd

Not quite certain why we are arguing about who is the best rider between Dan and Charles....

they are good assets to have in our team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Not quite certain why we are arguing about who is the best rider between Dan and Charles....

It's quite astonishing that people can't get through the day without trivial arguments in their lives :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It's quite astonishing that people can't get through the day without trivial arguments in their lives :rolleyes:

I totally agree doesn’t matter who we sign we just need to get behind them and support belle vue

14 hours ago, geoff58 said:

think you should stick to championship racing !! :party: haven't seen charles signed for any polish or swedish top league teams unlike dan has !! perhaps their promoters don't know what they are doing :rofl:

Perhaps you might take the time to read up before making such comments.

Wright had a team in Poland, scored well for them, but they didn't pay him so he stopped going. ( like many Premiership riders) He's still owed thousands so once bitten twice shy!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

35 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

You are probably right but sometimes when people write garbage it’s necessary to counter that opinion with something much closer to reality. 

Might also be a good idea to move to a different thread and ignore ‘trivial arguments’ if you don’t want to get involved in them, that’s usually what I do. 

• Like 1

Charles Wright for me over Dan Bewley at the moment. 

In 2 years time the opinion may be reversed with Wright then being 33-34.

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

It’s a discussion on a forum, that’s all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Actually, I thought it was quite a good reasoned discussion. I agree that the two riders are not just good for Belle Vue but as future internationals as well. For those of us that don't see them on a regular basis, it's interesting to know their progress and relative skills. Not to mention Dan's continued improvement after his injury. 

• Like 1

Just now, False dawn said:

Actually, I thought it was quite a good reasoned discussion. I agree that the two riders are not just good for Belle Vue but as future internationals as well. For those of us that don't see them on a regular basis, it's interesting to know their progress and relative skills. Not to mention Dan's continued improvement after his injury. 

I would be very happy to have both in my team...

• Like 2

On 12/9/2019 at 12:03 PM, Blupanther said:

I would be very happy to have both in my team...

I think most people would be 

So.who does everyone think the no7 will be????

Should be announced tomorrow 

Etheridge (most probably)

Rene bach

Josh pickering

New dane

Or someone else 

I'm.hoping for bach or Pickering but think it will be jye. Which I have  no problem with 

19 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

So.who does everyone think the no7 will be????

Should be announced tomorrow 

Etheridge (most probably)

Rene bach

Josh pickering

New dane

Or someone else 

I'm.hoping for bach or Pickering but think it will be jye. Which I have  no problem with 

only worry about jye is away form if he can improve on that great ? Bach or Pickering might be slightly better ? or lemmo may surprise again ?? as long as we are more solid 1-7  and who ever drops to reserve is strong !! looking forward to it !!

If nobody signs Pickering I’d be astonished, maybe he doesn’t want to ride Premiership or can’t get the correct visa? Must be a reason. 

• Like 1