British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

So that's why they signed Worrall?

Worrall is an asset. Worrall coming back from injury. Worrall can improve his average. 

And I meant during the season

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

Musielak.

Or Killer if his form picks up and BV are not riding

2 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

A good side at home, question marks away IMO.

Many teams will have a similar problem. I actually think we will be ok on the road. 

Swindon last season were awful away until the later stages when it really mattered. You only need to pick up odd points so long as your home form is solid 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, acef said:

Many teams will have a similar problem. I actually think we will be ok on the road. 

Swindon last season were awful away until the later stages when it really mattered. You only need to pick up odd points so long as your home form is solid 

think we will put up a better performance at the Abbey next season kurtz /kilidmand/bewley all ride it well also think we have better reserves to make it a close run thing ? not sure how charles wright has rode their in the past ??

3 minutes ago, acef said:

Spot on.

Quite why some fans think Swindon were and are invincible I’ll never know.

2 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

think we will put up a better performance at the Abbey next season kurtz /kilidmand/bewley all ride it well also think we have better reserves to make it a close run thing ? not sure how charles wright has rode their in the past ?

Agree. Charles has done ok there, nothing major 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Spot on.

agreed slightly weaker and there is no certainty that jensen will have a season like last year ?? doyle & batch will be the same  ellis also !! but the rest vunerable ? defo play/offs tho i suspect a mid-season change for the robins !!

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Spot on.

They were never invincible for me, they made good changes at the right moment and that ultimately carried them through. Jensen being a gem of a capture. As a starting 3rd H/L I wouldn't be overly confident of him growing that average. If anything he will lose half to a point.

Combine that with the tail and as it currently stands BV have a stronger team. 

There is only 1 reason I back Swindon, and that is down purely to the changes they will make. I'll bet my bottom dollar that once Jensen starts to lose some points of that average alongside the last places Rowe will get (no disrespect to the kid), Toby will come back into that team putting Stewart at reserve who will also lose points of his average in the main body of that team at the start of the season.

Swindon react well and that is the simplicity of my thinking.

Just a quick edit:

Doyle

Ellis

Museliak

Jensen

Batchelor

Stewart 

Perks/Rowe (1 will go)

That is what they will look like half way through the season. Bet my mortgage 

Edited by acef

19 hours ago, dougie70 said:

Apparently Chris holder wants to race in Britain this year 

shame he didnt race in the uk the season he signed for lynn

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

shame he didnt race in the uk the season he signed for lynn

not last season he didn't he wasn't allowed due to visa issues !!

33 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Spot on.

Who said they were invincible? no Swindon fan on this forum has said that.This Belle Vue side looks exciting and if they can pick up points on the road they will be in business Lidsey is key a class act he can put 1.5 to 2 on his average at least.

34 minutes ago, acef said:

They were never invincible for me, they made good changes at the right moment and that ultimately carried them through. Jensen being a gem of a capture. As a starting 3rd H/L I wouldn't be overly confident of him growing that average. If anything he will lose half to a point.

Combine that with the tail and as it currently stands BV have a stronger team. 

There is only 1 reason I back Swindon, and that is down purely to the changes they will make. I'll bet my bottom dollar that once Jensen starts to lose some points of that average alongside the last places Rowe will get (no disrespect to the kid), Toby will come back into that team putting Stewart at reserve who will also lose points of his average in the main body of that team at the start of the season.

Swindon react well and that is the simplicity of my thinking.

Just a quick edit:

Doyle

Ellis

Museliak

Jensen

Batchelor

Stewart 

Perks/Rowe (1 will go)

That is what they will look like half way through the season. Bet my mortgage 

That is why going top heavy is easier Acef  you have scope for a change if need be.Replacing a lower rider is easier than replacing a heat leader.As for  your team it looks exciting stronger don't know about that a few question marks in that team also you have no home track advantage.

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

That is why going top heavy is easier Acef  you have scope for a change if need be.Replacing a lower rider is easier than replacing a heat leader.As for  your team it looks exciting stronger don't know about that a few question marks in that team also you have no home track advantage.

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

we have never had any home track advantage at NSS and never will  !!with it being one of the fairest racing tracks in europe but all our riders are racers anyone can beat anyone !! steve showed doyle the way home at the NSS last season so anything is possible i see Aces/Sheffield/Swindon in play/offs with wolves more than likely the other !!

Delighted to see the owners are signing a long term lease with the council.

Shows their resolve in running the club long term

Thank you so much

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Only question mark in the BV team is Peter. Everyone else will add points.

Depending which Peter we get, and if it's the good version, then we will comfortably make the play offs this time.