British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

5 hours ago, hyderd said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the old kirky lane track shared it with the stocks, it was also a tight track and seemed to handle the stocks well.

I would hate the Stocks to move into the NSS, but if it was that or no speedway, then I think most speedway fans would grit their teeth and accept it.

At the moment though it's thank god for the 4g pitch.

The Stocks used to rip the track up something awful at Kirky Lane..

The meeting after usually was a nightmare for the riders..

However, JP, who let them in, was grateful for the money they brought, even if it caused several headaches to rectify the damage done by the cars. .

Coventry seemed to be, and Kings Lynn still does seem to be, relatively happy bed fellows with the Stock Cars,..

But as you say, the 4G should ensure no Stox at the NSS..

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

I suppose it depends how solvent they are..?

A multi purpose stadium can benefit the "main occupants" tremendously financially...

And to be fair to Stocks there is a large following in the North West with probably as many watching a season of racing at Kirky Lane as watch the Aces at the NSS..

Ten or so meetings usually each deliver circa 3000 crowd levels, which, in total, won't be too far away from the Aces 20 or so meeting total I would think..

Anyway, it won't happen at the NSS given the 4G would be destroyed..

buxton is already stock car track with all facilities they need so can move there !!

The 4G pitch is used almost every day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

The 4G pitch is used almost every day. 

Thankfully

• Like 1

It's an easy money spinner. The business man in me says just do it. The speedway fan says don't be stupid.

It's one of the tracks in the world, I wouldn't to ruin it with cars.

As has been said though, the 4g pitch will ensure it never happens and that is used every single day.

I see the Charles Wright introduction on the Belle Vue tv link and Steve Worrall was also there.I initially thought Steve might of needed a move to reinvent himself but looking at it now Steve has a really important part to play next  year for the Aces .I hate the averages facts and figures side of speedway but Steve is one of those riders that there are not many  riders on his average that are better than him.I think he can put a point on his average and if he can get back to the level he was at in his WTC year he can average more.I enjoyed watching Steve in his Swindon days stint and i believe he is far better than he has shown recently also he is a really popular team man.

• Like 3

Good result for the 2020 Aces in the Phil Crump trophy today. Brady Kurtz 1st, Dan Bewley 2nd and Jaimon Lidsey 4th. Max Fricke was 3rd.

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Good result for the 2020 Aces in the Phil Crump trophy today. Brady Kurtz 1st, Dan Bewley 2nd and Jaimon Lidsey 4th. Max Fricke was 3rd.

How many league points for that then? ;):)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How many league points for that then? ;):)

6 for starting the season full of confidence. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2019 at 12:01 AM, geoff58 said:

buxton is already stock car track with all facilities they need so can move there !!

Surely the stock cars at Buxton use the Hi-Edge raceway which is a completely stand alone track on the same site as the speedway stadium. 

The Hi-Edge Raceway is a tarmac oval but Kirkmanshulme Lane is a shale track so transferring fixtures would not be to Hi-Edge but another shale track and the Hi-Edge promotion would not allow the Belle Vue promotion to run on the Buxton Speedway track even if the Buxton Speedway wanted to have the cars on their track. 

Edited by Chris116
Added further information
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The Hi-Edge Raceway is a tarmac oval but Kirkmanshulme Lane is a shale track so transferring fixtures would not be to Hi-Edge but another shale track and the Hi-Edge promotion would not allow the Belle Vue promotion to run on the Buxton Speedway track even if the Buxton Speedway wanted to have the cars on their track. 

don't worry you won't be using NSS SIMPLE  look elsewhere Aces had to get there own stadium if you want a track build one !!

5 hours ago, geoff58 said:

don't worry you won't be using NSS SIMPLE  look elsewhere Aces had to get there own stadium if you want a track build one !!

The Belle Vue stock car promotion, Startrax, have stated that they are not even considering the NSS as a possible replacement. Living in London I am far more concerned that during my lifetime I have seen cars and/or bikes at Wimbledon, West Ham, Harringay, Walthamstow, Romford, Crayford, Hackney, White City, Earls Court 2, Rayleigh, New Cross, Staines and Arena Essex. They have all been redeveloped meaning the local population increased while the amount of local entertainment decreased which is almost as stupid as railway lines being closed in the 1960's just as big new housing estates were built around the now closed stations and then the politicians wondered why there was so much traffic causing grid lock. 

Edited by Chris116
Left out New Cross & Staines!
  • Like 5

great to see Aces riders past & present taking first 4 places in the Phil Crump trophy in Aussie today Winner Kurtz !! 2nd our pocket rocket Dan !! 3rd Max 4th jaimon well done lads hopefully a sign of things to come in 2020 :party:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, geoff58 said:

great to see Aces riders past & present taking first 4 places in the Phil Crump trophy in Aussie today Winner Kurtz !! 2nd our pocket rocket Dan !! 3rd Max 4th jaimon well done lads hopefully a sign of things to come in 2020 :party:

How many other riders who’ll be riding Premiership in 2020 were in it?