British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

10 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

How many other riders who’ll be riding Premiership in 2020 were in it?

Jordan Stewart had a crash in the Semi.

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

How many other riders who’ll be riding Premiership in 2020 were in it?

3 more actually why ?? 

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

3 more actually why ?? 

Because I wanted to know who was racing and couldn’t find a link anywhere 

UPDATE: finally found a link but can only find one other confirmed Premiership rider, Jordan Stewart. If you include Sam Masters, who must be nailed on for Wolves, that’s two. Who is the third?

Edited by Wee Eck

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Because I wanted to know who was racing and couldn’t find a link anywhere 

UPDATE: finally found a link but can only find one other confirmed Premiership rider, Jordan Stewart. If you include Sam Masters, who must be nailed on for Wolves, that’s two. Who is the third?

justin sedgeman rumoured  to be signing for someone at reserve ??

6 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

justin sedgeman rumoured  to be signing for someone at reserve ??

Goodness me. It’s a bit of a rubbish league, isn’t it? One proper number one in Jason Doyle, one future number one (maybe) in Robert Lambert, one former number one in Nikki Pedersen and loads of journeymen (Kurtz, Holder J, Harris, Kildemand, Batchelor etc)

I think Poole made the right choice - CL is not trying to pretend it’s a top ranking league, just a good balance of up and comers and been theres 

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

Goodness me. It’s a bit of a rubbish league, isn’t it? One proper number one in Jason Doyle, one future number one (maybe) in Robert Lambert, one former number one in Nikki Pedersen and loads of journeymen (Kurtz, Holder J, Harris, Kildemand, Batchelor etc)

I think Poole made the right choice - CL is not trying to pretend it’s a top ranking league, just a good balance of up and comers and been theres 

........ and “never been good enoughs”.

:)

I’m not convinced our top league is trying to be anything it’s not. The main trouble it has is only tracking seven clubs but I think everyone is well aware how far down the pecking order the UK is nowadays. 

What really will be the difference between the Premiership and the the Championship?   Will it be just Jason Doyle and Nicki Peterson.

?

40 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

What really will be the difference between the Premiership and the the Championship?   Will it be just Jason Doyle and Nicki Peterson.

?

What Pl teams will  have Jason Doyle and Troy Batchelor as a top two for a start .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

How is Bachelor not an out and out No 1, and how are B Kurtz and J Holder journeymen. Also how is D Bewley not a future No 1. Poole's decision to drop into the CL IMHO is for financial reasons, and the owner unable to sell his club. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hyderd said:

How is Bachelor not an out and out No 1, and how are B Kurtz and J Holder journeymen. Also how is D Bewley not a future No 1. Poole's decision to drop into the CL IMHO is for financial reasons, and the owner unable to sell his club. 

If you really want an answer...Batchelor had a great 2019. But he’s still not a number one, is he? Kurtz and Holder J didn’t really improve in UK in 2019 in what was a weaker league. BK put less than half a point on his average, Holder 0.1. Even Grajczonek improved by more. Holder had 16 home meetings, 10 riding at number 1, 6 at number 5. You need and expect your number one and number five to win their first outings or, if they’re up against a top opponent, at least get 2nd. JH had one win and one paid win out of 16, 7 2nds or paid seconds, 3 thirds and 4 lasts. That’s third heat leader performance at best. Journeyman position. 
As far as Dan Bewley is concerned, it would be great to see him continue to improve. He should certainly kick on from 2019, a season that started slowly after his bad accident. And he’s having a good winter in Australia. He’s got the ability to improve in 2020, and his target should certainly be to outscore BK and Kildemand. Will that make him a proper number one? As good as Jason Doyle? Robert Lambert? Craig Cook even? Time will tell :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

If you really want an answer...Batchelor had a great 2019. But he’s still not a number one, is he? Kurtz and Holder J didn’t really improve in UK in 2019 in what was a weaker league. BK put less than half a point on his average, Holder 0.1. Even Grajczonek improved by more. Holder had 16 home meetings, 10 riding at number 1, 6 at number 5. You need and expect your number one and number five to win their first outings or, if they’re up against a top opponent, at least get 2nd. JH had one win and one paid win out of 16, 7 2nds or paid seconds, 3 thirds and 4 lasts. That’s third heat leader performance at best. Journeyman position. 
As far as Dan Bewley is concerned, it would be great to see him continue to improve. He should certainly kick on from 2019, a season that started slowly after his bad accident. And he’s having a good winter in Australia. He’s got the ability to improve in 2020, and his target should certainly be to outscore BK and Kildemand. Will that make him a proper number one? As good as Jason Doyle? Robert Lambert? Craig Cook even? Time will tell :D

why not support the your club & speedway be positive for once !! what's with all the doom & gloom ?? enjoy the sport !!

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

why not support the your club & speedway be positive for once !! what's with all the doom & gloom ?? enjoy the sport !!

:t:

I don’t have a club close enough to attend, let alone one to support. 
I’m maybe negative about the Premiership because of the way it’s slipped over the years, but do believe the Championship has a great future. Indeed, if Poole make a financial success in 2020, I can see every other Premiership team following their lead for 2021. A few teams might fall by the wayside, or become part of an increased NDL, but, in my view, a 15, 16, maybe 17 strong league will give supporters a better product, whichever league they currently support. 

4 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

:t:

I don’t have a club close enough to attend, let alone one to support. 
I’m maybe negative about the Premiership because of the way it’s slipped over the years, but do believe the Championship has a great future. Indeed, if Poole make a financial success in 2020, I can see every other Premiership team following their lead for 2021. A few teams might fall by the wayside, or become part of an increased NDL, but, in my view, a 15, 16, maybe 17 strong league will give supporters a better product, whichever league they currently support. 

poole have been bleed dry by matt fraud simple as that !! dout they will be better off watching the likes of newcastle berwick redcar etc !! plus travelling expenses from one end of country to the other 3 scottish teams + newcastle/scunthorpe/redcar/ the furthest they travelled in prem was b/vue & wolves !!