Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

If you really want an answer...Batchelor had a great 2019. But he’s still not a number one, is he? Kurtz and Holder J didn’t really improve in UK in 2019 in what was a weaker league. BK put less than half a point on his average, Holder 0.1. Even Grajczonek improved by more. Holder had 16 home meetings, 10 riding at number 1, 6 at number 5. You need and expect your number one and number five to win their first outings or, if they’re up against a top opponent, at least get 2nd. JH had one win and one paid win out of 16, 7 2nds or paid seconds, 3 thirds and 4 lasts. That’s third heat leader performance at best. Journeyman position. 
As far as Dan Bewley is concerned, it would be great to see him continue to improve. He should certainly kick on from 2019, a season that started slowly after his bad accident. And he’s having a good winter in Australia. He’s got the ability to improve in 2020, and his target should certainly be to outscore BK and Kildemand. Will that make him a proper number one? As good as Jason Doyle? Robert Lambert? Craig Cook even? Time will tell :D

our league is weak, we all know that, therefore you don't have to be a J Doyle to be a number 1 in any club other than Swindon, oh and T Bachelor's average is 1.1 points higher than R Lambert. Journeymen are riders who have ridden for many clubs,, at least that's what I thought. So how many clubs have BK or JH ridden for to make them journeymen.

10 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

poole have been bleed dry by matt fraud simple as that !! dout they will be better off watching the likes of newcastle berwick redcar etc !! plus travelling expenses from one end of country to the other 3 scottish teams + newcastle/scunthorpe/redcar/ the furthest they travelled in prem was b/vue & wolves !!

Now who’s being negative?!

If you own a business, and it makes money for you, are you not allowed to take money out? And, is it really “dry”?

Just now, Wee Eck said:

Now who’s being negative?!

If you own a business, and it makes money for you, are you not allowed to take money out? And, is it really “dry”?

poole are being negative !! very dry like the desert :o

16 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

poole have been bleed dry by matt fraud simple as that !! dout they will be better off watching the likes of newcastle berwick redcar etc !! plus travelling expenses from one end of country to the other 3 scottish teams + newcastle/scunthorpe/redcar/ the furthest they travelled in prem was b/vue & wolves !!

Tripe - they would have visited Somerset and Plymouth within the last few seasons.

4 minutes ago, hyderd said:

our league is weak, we all know that, therefore you don't have to be a J Doyle to be a number 1 in any club other than Swindon, oh and T Bachelor's average is 1.1 points higher than R Lambert. Journeymen are riders who have ridden for many clubs,, at least that's what I thought. So how many clubs have BK or JH ridden for to make them journeymen.

I prefer the following definition of a journeyman:

“a workman or sports player who is good but not outstanding”

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

The travel expenses are paid from riders home, or poss from their current location if having stayed at a hotel after racing for another club,,,,,, how many of Pooles riders will live in Poole. 

1 hour ago, Sotonian said:

Tripe - they would have visited Somerset and Plymouth within the last few seasons.

eh ? English please ?

20 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

eh ? English please ?

My mistake, I misread it as the northern teams not being used to the travel. I can't even blame Christmas excess either, just a senior moment.

Edited by Sotonian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

poole are being negative !! very dry like the desert :o

The tide must have been out for longer than usual!:lol:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I prefer the following definition of a journeyman:

“a workman or sports player who is good but not outstanding”

Guess that makes a shed load of journeymen in our PL next season, by your reconing. 

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Guess that makes a shed load of journeymen in our PL next season, by your reconing. 

Mine and I suspect, many others.

16 hours ago, geoff58 said:

You are missing one important point - if Ford has bled Poole dry it has only been possible if he has made a decent profit to date

In most cases it seems the situation is the other way round.......

Brady is what????? 24

Jack holder is younger I think

Both have plenty of time to improve. 

Bewley should not be aiming for no1 just yet. Way to early for that. 

28 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Brady is what????? 24

Jack holder is younger I think

Both have plenty of time to improve. 

Bewley should not be aiming for no1 just yet. Way to early for that. 

both 23. Kurtz 27/9/96........Holder 23/03/96

51 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Mine and I suspect, many others.

Happy New Year.