British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

22 hours ago, Andrew said:

What time do Aces home meetings normally finish?  There is  a Sheffield bound train that stops at Belle Vue station at 21.25 (which would save going back to Piccadilly) and I guess its a ten minute walk from the Stadium.

normally all done for 9-10pm very rare go over that sometimes done for 9pm :t:

• Like 1

so we have a price increase of £1 for prem matches & £2 increase for national league this season :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

so we have a price increase of £1 for prem matches & £2 increase for national league this season :rolleyes:

Very disappointing

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Very disappointing

not really we have far bigger running costs for the new stadium than other clubs but they don't get the quality racing we get :rofl:

10 hours ago, geoff58 said:

I’ll stand the 1st team increases even if I disagree but the Colts is a different matter. 

Its 1 club/business at the end of the day and the £1 extra for the Premiership should have filtered through to the young team.

As someone who attends both, I see that as a net increase of £3 and that is too much to justify over a season.

The consequence is I now won’t be attending the colts meetings and that will be counter productive for the club.

Attendances will fall marginally again and all the increase does is hide any YOY decline in terms of footfall.

Dissapointed.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

Whats the car park charge for Colts meetings? 

On 1/24/2020 at 7:38 PM, geoff58 said:

not really we have far bigger running costs for the new stadium than other clubs but they don't get the quality racing we get :rofl:

From my point of view, the standard of the CTS team has dropped, but the price increases, so very disappointing & put me off a trip (or two) this year!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

From my point of view, the standard of the CTS team has dropped, but the price increases, so very disappointing & put me off a trip (or two) this year!

The National League Colts admission has been £10 adults and free for under 18 since 2016. It has been an absolute bargain, quick look around can see last year Mildenhall were charging £13 last year and Kent were charging £15!

So can't complain at an increase to £12 first increase in 4 years for National League with the best racing in the country and good facilities.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lefty said:

Whats the car park charge for Colts meetings? 

The charge is £3 for both PL and NDL meetings. 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

The increase reflects the fact that the club suffered significant losses on Colts meetings last year. They could have easily completely wiped out those losses by not running the Colts. I am pleased they didn't do that and instead recognised the importance of giving opportunities to young riders to gain experience and to progress. £10 was the cheapest NL entrance fee last year and the increase to £12 still means that no other NL venue charges less. The increase for an adult amounts to a maximum total of £16 for the year.

46 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The National League Colts admission has been £10 adults and free for under 18 since 2016. It has been an absolute bargain, quick look around can see last year Mildenhall were charging £13 last year and Kent were charging £15!

So can't complain at an increase to £12 first increase in 4 years for National League with the best racing in the country and good facilities.

I'm not too sure on the numbers, Rob, but I would think those clubs who are standalone will naturally have to charge more and I have a better degree of understanding there.

BV have 2 teams, those people watching the colts are watching the main team as well so like I said, it is a large net increase.

It's one business when all is said and done and whilst I understand the colts will have their own books and need to be run with some independence, the money goes in the same bank account when the figures are done.

12 hours ago, Rob B said:

Mildenhall & Kent especially were rediculously over priced last year, but I honestly feel £10 is a fair price for NL speedway, which is a league that only gets weaker every year!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

the NSS provides the best racing in the country, a price increase is justified IMO as long as it’s a sensible increase. If it makes it more expensive than all the other PL tracks so be it. If it provides the best entertainment you should pay for the privilege. 

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Mildenhall & Kent especially were rediculously over priced last year, but I honestly feel £10 is a fair price for NL speedway, which is a league that only gets weaker every year!

The problem is that the Colts lost money... I do not know how much

We now have business men in charge of Belle Vue so I am sure that their decisions are financially sound..

we have been so lucky to get the Colts at a bargain price... now we need to live in the real world

the management are moving Belle Vue forward and have signed a new long term lease.

the price is still good compared to othe NL tracks as far as I am aware 

• Like 3

No Kildemand at P&P,i didn't see him?Is he self-isolating?

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

No Kildemand at P&P,i didn't see him?Is he self-isolating?

Like oystercard he cant leave the country due to closures on there boarders