British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Like oystercard he cant leave the country due to closures on there boarders 

Like on another thread i started,i can't see the season starting on time.It will be guests galore if it does start on time.

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Like on another thread i started,i can't see the season starting on time.It will be guests galore if it does start on time.

I don't think we can wait to long. Even a month could pile up the fixtures if the weather don't play ball. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Like oystercard he cant leave the country due to closures on there boarders 

Why do they tell these porkie pies when it's so easy  to check the truth?

Flight EZY8268/U28268 from Copenhagen to Gatwick landed 9 minutes ago, and you can easily see all the other scheduled flights between the UK and Denmark as they take off and land.

6 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Why do they tell these porkie pies when it's so easy  to check the truth?

Flight EZY8268/U28268 from Copenhagen to Gatwick landed 9 minutes ago, and you can easily see all the other scheduled flights between the UK and Denmark as they take off and land.

https://politi.dk/coronavirus-i-danmark/in-english/minstry-of-justice-12-03-2020

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

So that says there's nothing to stop anyone flying out of Denmark. 

And whilst people "without a worthy purpose" for entering Denmark can be rejected at the border, it specifies that people who live and work in Denmark are OK to enter.

And we can track all the flights coming and going....   So there doesn't seem to be a problem.

12 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

So that says there's nothing to stop anyone flying out of Denmark. 

And whilst people "without a worthy purpose" for entering Denmark can be rejected at the border, it specifies that people who live and work in Denmark are OK to enter.

And we can track all the flights coming and going....   So there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Apologies, the first link I posted was only part of the advice, see https://politi.dk/en/corona-virus-covid-19-in-denmark

Extract: 

Effective today and for a period of one month, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark advises against all non-essential travel worldwide. This advice thus covers the period from 13 March until the end of the Easter holiday, Monday 13 April.

The ministry has thereby changed its travel advice for all of the world to an “orange” risk classification or higher (“red”).

“The top priority of the Government is the safety and security of Danes. Therefore, we are sending a clear message and advising against all non-essential travel worldwide. The message to Danes is clear, simple and serious. You should refrain from travelling unless it is absolutely necessary. If you are already abroad as a traveller, you should return home as quickly as possible,” says Minister for Foreign Affairs Jeppe Kofod. 

Edited by NeilWatson

13 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Apologies, the first link I posted was only part of the advice, see https://politi.dk/en/corona-virus-covid-19-in-denmark

Extract: 

Effective today and for a period of one month, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark advises against all non-essential travel worldwide. This advice thus covers the period from 13 March until the end of the Easter holiday, Monday 13 April.

The ministry has thereby changed its travel advice for all of the world to an “orange” risk classification or higher (“red”).

“The top priority of the Government is the safety and security of Danes. Therefore, we are sending a clear message and advising against all non-essential travel worldwide. The message to Danes is clear, simple and serious. You should refrain from travelling unless it is absolutely necessary. If you are already abroad as a traveller, you should return home as quickly as possible,” says Minister for Foreign Affairs Jeppe Kofod. 

For people like Niels and Ulrich for eg wouldn’t it be classed as absolutely necessary as it’s for work?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

For people like Niels and Ulrich for eg wouldn’t it be classed as absolutely necessary as it’s for work?

Possibly, but then the Danish govt might want them to go into isolation on each return from any country with a level of the virus above a certain level. 

Looking like I dropped a clanger buying a season ticket this year I could have spent the money on toilet rolls :oops:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

Looking like I dropped a clanger buying a season ticket this year I could have spent the money on toilet rolls :oops:.

I was selling Andrex 24 packs yesterday at £10.60!!!:o

Found one in the back of the warehouse and put it on sale and less than 10 mins it was gone...:D

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I was selling Andrex 24 packs yesterday at £10.60!!!:o

Found one in the back of the warehouse and put it on sale and less than 10 mins it was gone...:D

That was cheap ;) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDREX-CLASSIC-CLEAN-TOILET-ROLLS-4-x-6-PACKS-24-ROLLS-IN-TOTAL-246577/382153377640?epid=8036089018&hash=item58fa1dc768:g:waEAAOSw8PNeaPvm

• Haha 1

Speedway of nations is postponed.

Hope they hold it this year presuming we ever get going... even if it is a shortened season

On 1/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, szkocjasid said:

Mildenhall & Kent especially were rediculously over priced last year, but I honestly feel £10 is a fair price for NL speedway, which is a league that only gets weaker every year!

It might be  getting weaker but the purpose of the league is all about producing fresh young talent.The NL now for me is a very decent standard look at last year for 10 pounds  ( 2pints of beer at Belle Vue). Belle Vue v Leicester you got to see Bickley,Palin, Flint, Bailey plus Perks, Hume, D.Thompson, J.Thompson that does not seem that weak to me.In the NL now you have Palin,Flint, Thompson(2) Bailey, Gilkes, Mulford, , Kelly ,Wirtzfield, Freeman, Hagon giving opportunities to riders that this league is designed for.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1