British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

16 hours ago, geoff58 said:

no whatever give you that idea ????? 

I was led to believe that his British racing licence had been revoked for going to Poland and instead of breaking his contract with Belle Vue it has been terminated on mutual agreement. 

1 hour ago, Duckbill said:

I was led to believe that his British racing licence had been revoked for going to Poland and instead of breaking his contract with Belle Vue it has been terminated on mutual agreement. 

As far as Im aware all British racing licences have been withdrawn/suspended by the ACU due to Covid 19 situation, its the ACU that issue licences to riders not Teams, contacts are obviously between Team and rider..

https://www.acu.org.uk/

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

As far as Im aware all British racing licences have been withdrawn/suspended by the ACU due to Covid 19 situation, its the ACU that issue licences to riders not Teams, contacts are obviously between Team and rider..

https://www.acu.org.uk/

Thanks for that, so in effect the ACU have signed all riders off until they are confident the season can start again in the UK. My mistake I thought it was only the riders who had gone to Poland.

• Like 1

Phew. Glad that is sorted out. My expectations are quite low going into the season whenever it starts. That would have nailed it. The only thing making me think, No. We will do ok is simply because i cannot get my head around us carrying the dodgy spell on for so long after last season. I do think Charles will be the main man. He is home.

Think the Poles are hoping to get fans into their Stadiums soon, if that doesn't happen it could be a massive mistake as it will cost them a small fortune, with no way of recouping their outlay.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Think the Poles are hoping to get fans into their Stadiums soon, if that doesn't happen it could be a massive mistake as it will cost them a small fortune, with no way of recouping their outlay.

Poles don't need Crowds for top League, a bit like PL soccer, is a small % of turnover, they have massive TV / Sponsor deal and that will cover costs for a season and also keeps Sponsors and TV happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Poles don't need Crowds for top League, a bit like PL soccer, is a small % of turnover, they have massive TV / Sponsor deal and that will cover costs for a season and also keeps Sponsors and TV happy.

I understand they have big TV coverage, but if they regularly get gates of 10,000 at say £5 entrance that's £50,000 per meeting or roughly 1,250,000 Zloty, exchange rate roughly 5 Zloty to 1 Pound.

That is a lot of money for any sport to lose, time will tell I suppose 

Think my maths are abit off here, 10,000 x 25 zloty is 250,000, I have been informed though that £10 or 50 Zloty is more like it, so that's roughly 500,000. still a lot of money to lose.

Edited by hyderd

16 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I understand they have big TV coverage, but if they regularly get gates of 10,000 at say £5 entrance that's £50,000 per meeting or roughly 1,250,000 Zloty, exchange rate roughly 5 Zloty to 1 Pound.

They will save at least that much by the reductions in what they pay riders!!

39 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Can double that £10 is cheapest ticket when I've been to Wroclaw.

how refreshing to watch & hear Adrian Smith today on facebook live answering various questions on speedway & b/vue one interesting answer was that b/vue are in the black with money in the bank brilliant work from him & the owners we are so very lucky to have Adrian at the helm and lemmo assisting him and great owners plus all the staff & volunteers its a pleasure to be Aces fan thank you everyone at the club !!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, geoff58 said:

how refreshing to watch & hear Adrian Smith today on facebook live answering various questions on speedway & b/vue one interesting answer was that b/vue are in the black with money in the bank brilliant work from him & the owners we are so very lucky to have Adrian at the helm and lemmo assisting him and great owners plus all the staff & volunteers its a pleasure to be Aces fan thank you everyone at the club !!

Absolutely agree.

we have a good management that are striving to move Belle Vue Speedway forward.

long may it continue

• Like 2

Great feature on Mark Lemon in this week's Speedway Star too.!!

• Like 2

Not speedway related, but belle Vue greyhounds have suspended all behind closed doors racing, not viable without a crowd !! Think the redevelopment is getting nearer ?

10 minutes ago, Neila said:

Not speedway related, but belle Vue greyhounds have suspended all behind closed doors racing, not viable without a crowd !! Think the redevelopment is getting nearer ?

Thats already happened at some other tracks too.