British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

2 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

still risking injury no excuses no difference !!

So he has to stay indoors with a house full of cotton wool.Poor lad if manages to swallow a mouthful.The lad is only doing things almost everyone wants to do,and that is to have fun in life.That includes all sportsmen.

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Trouble is that’s probably his season over, any further opportunities with Wroclaw have evaporated and even the chance to impress in practice has gone. No U21 events either in what is his last season at that level. You’d like to think that he’ll have learned to be more professional next time.

think again !! only out for 4 weeks there is the world under 21 in october also the world under 21 team championship in september !! also the re-scheduled SON 24/25th oct at NSS of which bewley will be the under 21 reserve for team GB woffinden/lambert being the other 2 !! so it certainly isn't season over for him !!

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

Think its a bit harsh to slate the lad for riding his BMX. In all honesty, speedway barely scrapes through as a semi professional sport. Particularly in the UK. Can't really expect him not to partake in other hobbies.

I would dispute that remark , Speedway in Poland is not semi professional If you are good enough to get to the top.!

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

So he has to stay indoors with a house full of cotton wool.Poor lad if manages to swallow a mouthful.The lad is only doing things almost everyone wants to do,and that is to have fun in life.That includes all sportsmen.

i'm replying to you comment about Ellis ??? not bewley !!

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

i'm replying to you comment about Ellis ??? not bewley !!

Well the same applies to Ellis anyway:blink:

• Confused 1

Most on here are middle to old aged, Dan's a youngster where danger is his life. Wish I still had it in me to do something that might hurt instead of panicking when my shoelaces come undone

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bruno said:

Most on here are middle to old aged, Dan's a youngster where danger is his life. Wish I still had it in me to do something that might hurt instead of panicking when my shoelaces come undone

You're never too young:t:

On 7/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, geoff58 said:

still risking injury no excuses no difference !!

Risking injury raising money for a children’s cancer charity.... no difference ??? Wow. You’re a nice guy 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 9:30 PM, tellboy said:

Well the same applies to Ellis anyway:blink:

Just come on here ... Jesus there’s some dicks around. 

Edited by Jonny the spud
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Just come on here ... Jesus there’s something dicks around. 

Unsure what you mean.i was sticking up for Ellis.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Unsure what you mean.i was sticking up for Ellis.

He's probably had too many San Miguel's again, don't take it personally :)

I think the Aces should keep the same seven next year..

None of them have increased their averages, but then again, none decreased them either.. 

Overall then, for me, it was a fair effort...:D

57 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think the Aces should keep the same seven next year..

None of them have increased their averages, but then again, none decreased them either.. 

Overall then, for me, it was a fair effort...:D

Dale Allitt seemed to suggest that has been put forward.So hopefully all teams will do it.King's Lynn certainly want to keep the same 7,and wasn't it Sheffield or maybe Ipswich that said the same.

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Dale Allitt seemed to suggest that has been put forward.So hopefully all teams will do it.King's Lynn certainly want to keep the same 7,and wasn't it Sheffield or maybe Ipswich that said the same.

I suppose it will depend on how many want to ride..

If some get 'decent' jobs then maybe they would be reluctant to be paying out tens of thousands going forward should this thing not go away, and have far more job security..

As basically they are at the whim of a Govt edict which could come at any time.

Team building also must be impacted by flights being subject to getting pulled at any moment. eg. Would riders accept being stranded 1000's of miles away from home without any chance to earn money?

Lots of questions need to be asked, and answered, going forward.