British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

1 hour ago, lastword said:

Perhaps someone could answer this question for me?

Surely there must be a limit imposed on crowd numbers for any event at present?

With the grandstand seating already completely sold out for the SON how will that work?

Not to mention all the tickets already sold for the back straight standing.

If permission has been given for unlimited attendance then I withdraw my query, but I

haven't seen that announced anywhere.

Still up in the air, either limited numbers to social distance or behind closed doors.

56 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Still up in the air, either limited numbers to social distance or behind closed doors.

could be moved to poland ? and NSS will hold the event next season ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

Possibly, I did mention this some time ago but the feeling is still to run at the  NSS at this time, we shall see?

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

As I said weeks ago:t:

Is Ipswich an FIM certificated track?

If they want to keep it in the UK maybe they could step in if the 'test event' (British Final), goes well..?

Might be able to get 50% in by then?

If so, circa 5000 would be a decent crowd..

Be interesting to watch the Polish track experts around there too..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

A wider audience doesn't really want to see something like a SON event wasted at a dump of a stadium and standard track like Ipswich.... that's not happening. 

19 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

A wider audience doesn't really want to see something like a SON event wasted at a dump of a stadium and standard track like Ipswich.... that's not happening. 

Don’t know when you last went to Ipswich in person but the stadium is vastly improved in the last few years.  Enough seating for 3500 and excellent views from all of the stadium. 
The track has been altered 3 times to try and improve the quality of the racing. Whether that has been achieved is open to debate but the club has continued to spend big sums to try and up the entertainment levels. 

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

Don’t know when you last went to Ipswich in person but the stadium is vastly improved in the last few years.  Enough seating for 3500 and excellent views from all of the stadium. 
The track has been altered 3 times to try and improve the quality of the racing. Whether that has been achieved is open to debate but the club has continued to spend big sums to try and up the entertainment levels. 

It's still a dump though and the racing is still average. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

gaters paradise boring racing !!!

• Like 1

Obviously not been to Ipswich for a long time up until last year but I was very impressed with the improvements made over the years.

I saw some ok races and a very good race between Fricke and heeps, yes its only one race but it shows that it can produce outstanding racing 

size wise its the best stadia in the UK to get a bigger crowd in, so good luck to you hopefully hosting a few big meetings 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

I wouldn't say it is a dump, it has much improved as a stadium but the racing is  still usually quite poor in my opinion.

Foxhall stadium isn't a dump these days, obviously given its age it would however take vast amounts of money to have all the mod cons of a purpose built venue but its certainly equipped well enough to host big events. 

You've got to realise that every year apart from this one it caters for the better part of 10k crowds for the stock car and banger world championships. 

The one point I will concede to is the standard of the track and racing, most of us locals at Ipswich would love to have a track like Belle Vue's. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:56 PM, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

6 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

I’m guessing Foxhall is the only stadium you’ve been to. It must be, because if you think Foxhall is a “dump”, then you simply haven’t been to 99.9% of Speedway stadia up and down the country!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

I’m guessing Foxhall is the only stadium you’ve been to. It must be, because if you think Foxhall is a “dump”, then you simply haven’t been to 99.9% of Speedway stadia up and down the country!

I’ve been to most, most are dumps. It is a SON being spoken about, no one wants to see it at a track, or town, like Ipswich. 

Dont forget now