British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

15 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

I’ve been to most, most are dumps. It is a SON being spoken about, no one wants to see it at a track, or town, like Ipswich. 

Dont forget now 

I suppose Belle Vue is  a really lovely area!!

3 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

The City of Manchester quite clearly offers more than Ipswich. :rofl:

It doesn't offer a British Speedway Final 26/09/2020 ;)

• Haha 2

Have I missed something here....but why have a National Stadium and not have the National Championship there! But the clowns that so called ‘run’ the sport arrange to hold it a rubbish track in the middle of nowhere? Surely this is a joke! 

33 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Have I missed something here....but why have a National Stadium and not have the National Championship there! But the clowns that so called ‘run’ the sport arrange to hold it a rubbish track in the middle of nowhere? Surely this is a joke! 

Ever thought having twice the capacity than National Stadium having it at Ipswich may give more people a fair chance of going.

44 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Isn't the name nothing more than a council vanity condition......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Clemens said:

It doesn't offer a British Speedway Final 26/09/2020 ;)

They making the final of that 16 laps as well so the Ipswich fans can count a lap on each finger?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

Four main reasons I would think

1. Manchester is in varying degrees of lockdown week to week so planning an event there at the moment is very risky and has no guarantee it will happen. 

2. Ipswich has around two thirds more capacity than the NSS so when percentage restrictions are applied you can still get a reasonable (and more importantly viable), crowd in..

3. With Kings Lynn, Peterborough and Mildenhall all 'local' you have four lots of Speedway starved fanbases to pull from, which (with a good few from around other parts attending) hopefully will ensure all tickets available will be sold..

And 4. Ipswich might be 'in the middle of nowhere' but does traditionally at Easter get one of the largest crowds (if not THE largest single crowd), of the season at any track, so obviously have a strong underlying fanbase who show they will attend on one off occasions..

Put it all together and I would think the size of the venue, the amount of awareness of Speedway that exists in that geographical area, and the fairly low impact of Covid 19 to that part of the country, ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to planning and putting on an event that needs a crowd to be a financially viable...

Finally a sensible voice on here.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

They making the final of that 16 laps as well so the Ipswich fans can count a lap on each finger?

You've got the wrong county! That's Norfolk with the extra digits. If you want to use tired, old, unoriginal cliches about Suffolk people you need to post about tractors and farmyard animals. 

32 minutes ago, Shrub said:

You've got the wrong county! That's Norfolk with the extra digits. If you want to use tired, old, unoriginal cliches about Suffolk people you need to post about tractors and farmyard animals. 

That will fool him

1 hour ago, Red Flag said:

That will fool him

Not as much as kissing someone who isn’t your cousin would fool someone from Suffolk!!  “What! We aren’t related!! Eww no!!”

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, mikebv said:

Four main reasons I would think

1. Manchester is in varying degrees of lockdown week to week so planning an event there at the moment is very risky and has no guarantee it will happen. 

2. Ipswich has around two thirds more capacity than the NSS so when percentage restrictions are applied you can still get a reasonable (and more importantly viable), crowd in..

3. With Kings Lynn, Peterborough and Mildenhall all 'local' you have four lots of Speedway starved fanbases to pull from, which (with a good few from around other parts attending) hopefully will ensure all tickets available will be sold..

And 4. Ipswich might be 'in the middle of nowhere' but does traditionally at Easter get one of the largest crowds (if not THE largest single crowd), of the season at any track, so obviously have a strong underlying fanbase who show they will attend on one off occasions..

Put it all together and I would think the size of the venue, the amount of awareness of Speedway that exists in that geographical area, and the fairly low impact of Covid 19 to that part of the country, ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to planning and putting on an event that needs a crowd to be a financially viable...

And that's from someone in Stockport!

On 9/4/2020 at 10:55 PM, False dawn said:

And that's from someone in Stockport!

What's living in Stockport got to do with it.:D