British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Was that Bewleys last go at under 21?   How old is Lindsay?

Yes,Dan will be with the big boys next year.

Don’t know how old Jaimon is

I see that Belle Vue are considering running the Peter Craven Mem meeting behind closed doors.

They want an idea of whether people would pay the £10 for the pay per view.... take a look on the Belle Vue web site.

I not on Twitter, and that link to twitter doesn’t mention a £10 stream, just a stream.

Gunner 85 mentioned BB website and £10. I would do it for £10.

What about those fans who bought PC meeting tickets before the lockdown? Are they being refunded? Surely the club dosent expect fans who already hold tickets to pay again to stream?

8 hours ago, bellevueace said:

What about those fans who bought PC meeting tickets before the lockdown? Are they being refunded? Surely the club dosent expect fans who already hold tickets to pay again to stream?

I would think that they intend moving all tickets from March to the PCMT In 2021... just like the Son meeting.. or give refunds if requested.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I not on Twitter, and that link to twitter doesn’t mention a £10 stream, just a stream.

Gunner 85 mentioned BB website and £10. I would do it for £10.

on facebook they said it will be £10 early bird price rising to £12.95

I don’t do Facebook either, nor WhatsAp, nor any other form of social media sites. Never liked them from day 1 and still don’t. BV has a website, they should put it the info on there. Looks like I won’t be viewing the PC Memorial meeting. If they want viewers, they need to advertise where potential viewers look - including the website where they have a news section.

and it looks like £12.95 is going to be the norm. Not good.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 3

no fans on saturday for youth championship sadly just been announced !!

19 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I don’t do Facebook either, nor WhatsAp, nor any other form of social media sites. Never liked them from day 1 and still don’t. BV has a website, they should put it the info on there. Looks like I won’t be viewing the PC Memorial meeting. If they want viewers, they need to advertise where potential viewers look - including the website where they have a news section.

and it looks like £12.95 is going to be the norm. Not good.

£10 early bird, so if you don't want to pay £12.95 buy early

and no offence, but social media is where its at, its where you catch the younger audience.

also it was a poll and im not sure you can put a poll on the website, social media is bet way to do that and gauge what interest there is

So we've been strung the line that costs for streaming have to be £10 because of the costs blah blah blah from some people, even though other clubs like Plymouth and Edinburgh have done it for far less than that. We were also told it was because of the initial set up, which Belle Vue have already done. So what is the ongoing costs now involved? If everybody paid £10 and they can make it work without losing money, what's the additional £2.95 for?

This is priced absolutely horribly. Typical of British Speedway to try and milk something as much as possible and go for fewer punters with a larger price, than thinking they will get more takers at a reduced price. As a neutral who enjoys watching speedway, I'd of been tempted at half the price, I almost certainly would of watched for a quarter of the price, but will 100% not even consider it at the price that's currently on offer.

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

£10 early bird, so if you don't want to pay £12.95 buy early

and no offence, but social media is where its at, its where you catch the younger audience.

also it was a poll and im not sure you can put a poll on the website, social media is bet way to do that and gauge what interest there is

Is it working?

I would have thought look after what audience you got, at the same time attracting newer ones.

Yesterday when I looked at BV official website the meeting was not even advertised never mind anything else.

Some of these social media sites were in existance at least 15 years ago, I joined Facebook, didnt like some posts I saw and decided then not to use them and havnt.

Following Najjers comments, Berwick speedway for the British under 21 championship Wednesday 21 October is "pay what you want", obviously they hoping supporters will contribute, and I think they will.