British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Is it working?

I would have thought look after what audience you got, at the same time attracting newer ones.

Yesterday when I looked at BV official website the meeting was not even advertised never mind anything else.

Some of these social media sites were in existance at least 15 years ago, I joined Facebook, didnt like some posts I saw and decided then not to use them and havnt.

Following Najjers comments, Berwick speedway for the British under 21 championship Wednesday 21 October is "pay what you want", obviously they hoping supporters will contribute, and I think they will.

There is 50 minutes left to the vote... so expect some announcement soon

7 hours ago, Najjer said:

So we've been strung the line that costs for streaming have to be £10 because of the costs blah blah blah from some people, even though other clubs like Plymouth and Edinburgh have done it for far less than that. We were also told it was because of the initial set up, which Belle Vue have already done. So what is the ongoing costs now involved? If everybody paid £10 and they can make it work without losing money, what's the additional £2.95 for?

This is priced absolutely horribly. Typical of British Speedway to try and milk something as much as possible and go for fewer punters with a larger price, than thinking they will get more takers at a reduced price. As a neutral who enjoys watching speedway, I'd of been tempted at half the price, I almost certainly would of watched for a quarter of the price, but will 100% not even consider it at the price that's currently on offer.

I'm not sure where you have got that about initial costs, Belle Vue were using an external company who are being paid.

I didn't see the Edinburgh and Plymouth streams but I would guess they didn't have a setup like this with multiple people working those computers, plus at least 5 cameras with 4 camera operators etc, not cheap.

120338937_10221229782067016_644385204738

120343290_10221229774786834_682891609241

EitZRBbXgAAuJeT?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Najjer said:

This is priced absolutely horribly.

I'm sure that there will be the usual choice of free pirated links on BSF to keep speedway free for you.  And don't forget to download your free race card off BSF too.  What more could you ask for? A free BSF Burger? 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I'm sure that there will be the usual choice of free pirated links on BSF to keep speedway free for you.  And don't forget to download your free race card off BSF too.  What more could you ask for? A free BSF Burger? 

Seen as you’ve assumed and made a twit of yourself, for your Information - I subscribe to BT sport, A Sky package including Eurosport and separate subscription to Premier Sports too - all for speedway.  

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Seen as you’ve assumed and made a twit of yourself, for your Information - I subscribe to BT sport, A Sky package including Eurosport and separate subscription to Premier Sports too - all for speedway.  

The blokes always been a bell to be honest. 

16 hours ago, Rob B said:

I'm not sure where you have got that about initial costs, Belle Vue were using an external company who are being paid.

I didn't see the Edinburgh and Plymouth streams but I would guess they didn't have a setup like this with multiple people working those computers, plus at least 5 cameras with 4 camera operators etc, not cheap.

120338937_10221229782067016_644385204738

120343290_10221229774786834_682891609241

EitZRBbXgAAuJeT?format=jpg&name=large

Impressive stuff - But at the same time, is it really needed? Half the number of cameras and operators instantly and reduce the costs, thus reducing the viewing price.

23 hours ago, Najjer said:

So we've been strung the line that costs for streaming have to be £10 because of the costs blah blah blah from some people, even though other clubs like Plymouth and Edinburgh have done it for far less than that. We were also told it was because of the initial set up, which Belle Vue have already done. So what is the ongoing costs now involved? If everybody paid £10 and they can make it work without losing money, what's the additional £2.95 for?

This is priced absolutely horribly. Typical of British Speedway to try and milk something as much as possible and go for fewer punters with a larger price, than thinking they will get more takers at a reduced price. As a neutral who enjoys watching speedway, I'd of been tempted at half the price, I almost certainly would of watched for a quarter of the price, but will 100% not even consider it at the price that's currently on offer.

If they can break even at £10, then presumably the extra 2.95 is the profit. Do we really begrudge them that if it is? Three quid per person?

If people want a good quality stream then they need to pay for it. I certainly would and will probably buy this one, too, if it happens.

With regards to Berwick, what sort of feed are they offering? Has it been announced? Is it a proper programme with commentary and interviews or just a single camera with no commentary?

For me, if watching on television I want good quality. I could probably cope with Swindon matches with a lesser quality of production, but nothing else.

Peter Craven Memorial announced for 22nd October.

Great to see the PCMT is going ahead.

Get your £10 pass now as an early bird price !!!

Well done Belle Vue

Really hope that we can get to see Fricke and Lidsey before they go back to Aus.

With the quarantine in place we won't see them unfortunately 

36 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Great to see the PCMT is going ahead.

Get your £10 pass now as an early bird price !!!

Well done Belle Vue

Who is riding?

On 10/6/2020 at 1:25 PM, OveFundinFan said:

I don’t do Facebook either, nor WhatsAp, nor any other form of social media sites. Never liked them from day 1 and still don’t. BV has a website, they should put it the info on there. Looks like I won’t be viewing the PC Memorial meeting. If they want viewers, they need to advertise where potential viewers look - including the website where they have a news section.

and it looks like £12.95 is going to be the norm. Not good.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:22 AM, OveFundinFan said:

Is it working?

I would have thought look after what audience you got, at the same time attracting newer ones.

Yesterday when I looked at BV official website the meeting was not even advertised never mind anything else.

Some of these social media sites were in existance at least 15 years ago, I joined Facebook, didnt like some posts I saw and decided then not to use them and havnt.

Following Najjers comments, Berwick speedway for the British under 21 championship Wednesday 21 October is "pay what you want", obviously they hoping supporters will contribute, and I think they will.

I don't get posts like this, "I don't do twitter" you don't have to have an account to view anything they post, it's all available for free without signing into anything - https://twitter.com/TheAces

Infact all of their Twitter posts are even embedded onto their Website homepage!

Is it working? Absolutely, the website viewing figures alone won't be 1% of what the same post on Twitter reaches in terms of audience. Belle Vue have 15k followers alone, and the Twitter post from 2 hours ago has already been retweeted by Multiple (10+) accounts with over 10k plus followers of their own, mostly 15k+, including the official SpeedwayGB one, around 28k followers.

The reach of Twitter will be hundreds of thousands just for that one post, this is before you factor in the same news posted on Facebook and Instagram, the reach of social media is massive, traditional websites are becoming obsolete because of hosting fees etc.

No one is sitting around pressing F5 on the Belle Vue website waiting for news to come through...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grachan said:

If they can break even at £10, then presumably the extra 2.95 is the profit. Do we really begrudge them that if it is? Three quid per person?

If people want a good quality stream then they need to pay for it. I certainly would and will probably buy this one, too, if it happens.

With regards to Berwick, what sort of feed are they offering? Has it been announced? Is it a proper programme with commentary and interviews or just a single camera with no commentary?

For me, if watching on television I want good quality. I could probably cope with Swindon matches with a lesser quality of production, but nothing else.

Less the VAT content? £12.95 less vat is £10.80, profit (if there really was any) is not a dirty word and on one event won't even dent the costs of the BSPL this year. No matter what (not you Grachan) they do they are still vilified for trying..

Wonder whether govt will stop this with total Manchester lockdown and a ban on travelling into greater Manchester

the city has been under restrictions for some time but Covid cases are still high.

Boris will probably hit hard with a two week ban....