British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Fixture list expected to be out next week

Just got the Teams and Riders to sort now then.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

if holder signs in sweden he won't be in britain !!

Jack has already said he will be choosing Britain over Sweden. If given the chance, I’d expect Chris to end up doing the same I expect

16 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Jack has already said he will be choosing Britain over Sweden. If given the chance, I’d expect Chris to end up doing the same I expect

Yep. 100%

Allthough thinking about it. He can replace pedersen and ride with his brother. So can see that more than him being at belle vue 

32 minutes ago, Najjer said:

we will wait & see :t:

On 12/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, Najjer said:

The money has dropped in Sweden, so racing in the UK, although riding more meetings will be more profitable. Clubs need to play hard ball with riders but there is an opportunity for the UK to leapfrog over Sweden to become the second most attractive league for riders. IF we get it right and thats a BIG IF..

16 minutes ago, M.D said:

The money has dropped in Sweden, so racing in the UK, although riding more meetings will be more profitable. Clubs need to play hard ball with riders but there is an opportunity for the UK to leapfrog over Sweden to become the second most attractive league for riders. IF we get it right and thats a BIG IF..

No chance of that happening unless the riders live in the UK- the riders who do Poland and Sweden use their Polish bikes, mechanics and vans for both(several ferry routes available) Whereas choosing UK means  getting vans, mechanics etc etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

No chance of that happening unless the riders live in the UK- the riders who do Poland and Sweden use their Polish bikes, mechanics and vans for both(several ferry routes available) Whereas choosing UK means  getting vans, mechanics etc etc.

And Sweden is next door to Denmark too, so for those allowed to ride in 3 leagues, it makes even more sense..

Germany too is ideal for riders of Polish and Scandinavian clubs.. 

The more obstacles that may get put in the way though, the more it surely makes sense to be a bit more "self sufficient"? 

And plan for a very heavy "British" majority in most teams, doubling, and even trebling up if needs be to make up the teams. 

It would give the riders plenty of meetings and it cannot be beyond capability surely to plan in a fixture list with no clashes where riders need to be in two places at once..

Have 6 man teams in all leagues..

Money in Sweden might not be much of a issue anyway, if riders are getting very good wages in Poland they might be content with a once a week runout in Sweden on nice wide tracks rather than a longer journey to the UK for more fixtures and more hassle even if it’s for a bit more points money. 

23 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Plus cross border checks now we are out of the EU

So Mark Lemon saying today that BV will have to make at least 2 changes if the team set-up is still 1-7.  Lidsey and Kildemand need replacing.

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Mark Lemon saying today that BV will have to make at least 2 changes if the team set-up is still 1-7.  Lidsey and Kildemand need replacing.

No surprise there... both riding in Poland and Sweden....I am sure the promoters will have riders in their sites for 2021.

just glad that Dan has obviously chosen the Aces and Wroclaw 

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Would imagine could be Batchelor at BV or Sheffield or Ellis.

Maybe it’s necessary for 2021 at least, to go with a combined league and ditch averages so as to give employment to majority of riders.

I am assuming not all tracks will be able to operate in the half vaccinated half not U.K. come the spring anyway.

5 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Would imagine could be Batchelor at BV or Sheffield or Ellis.

Well Doyley won't be going anywhere else other than back to Sweden.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Well Doyley won't be going anywhere else other than back to Sweden.

rasmus jensen a better option :t: