1. Brady Kurtz 7.54
2. Charles Wright 6.51
3. Dan Bewley 6.15
4. Steve Worrall 5.52
5. Richie Worrall 5.08
6. Jye Etheridge 4.35
+ Rising Star

Team Total: 35.15

Bumper home side especially with the two Worrall's as second strings. Now it just needs Brady & Jye to confirm they will be coming over....and the season to start....and the weather to behave.....  

• Like 1

On 22/01/2021 at 5:00 PM, Dandelion said:

How about... Assuming it's Nick Morris who Wolverhampton drop, which seems most likely...

1. Brady Kurtz 7.54

2. Steve Worrall (c) 5.53

3. Charles Wright 6.51

4. Nick Morris 5.38

5. Dan Bewley 6.15

6. Jye Etheridge 4.35

7. Jordan Palin FTR (Or someone more experienced? Flint? Bickley?)

Total: 35.46 (All Brits have gotten 2.5% reduction, I assume all Brits qualify for one?)

Don't fancy paying premier league admission price to watch what at best is a championship side

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DBP said:

Don't fancy paying premier league admission price to watch what at best is a championship side

I don't expect many Championship sides will feature 6 heat leaders. I don't debate that prices are too high across the board but just because all the riders feature in the Championship doesn't make it a Championship strength side.

53 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

1. Brady Kurtz 7.54
2. Charles Wright 6.51
3. Dan Bewley 6.15
4. Steve Worrall 5.52
5. Nick Morris 5.38
6. Jye Etheridge 4.35
+ Rising Star

Team Total: 35.45

Or

1. Brady Kurtz 7.54
2. Charles Wright 6.51
3. Dan Bewley 6.15
4. Steve Worrall 5.52
5. Richie Worrall 5.08
6. Jye Etheridge 4.35
+ Rising Star

Team Total: 35.15

team 2 is what we will see

Has anyone actually seen Richie round the NSS, he’s absolutely terrible. Never has any speed at all and we got rid of him for that reason, same as we did with Nicholls as he couldn’t get to grips with the track either. 

Would be a shocking signing 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't expect many Championship sides will feature 6 heat leaders. I don't debate that prices are too high across the board but just because all the riders feature in the Championship doesn't make it a Championship strength side.

Use to seeing proper heat leaders 

Crump, Moran's, Screenie, Lyons, Mauger, Sjosten the list is endless 

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Bumper home side especially with the two Worrall's as second strings. Now it just needs Brady & Jye to confirm they will be coming over....and the season to start....and the weather to behave.....  

Brady is itching to come over according to the Speedway Star today.

• Like 1

Just out of interest as only Australian nationals are the only ones allowed into Australia, is anyone actually allowed to leave?

5 hours ago, DBP said:

you support your club & british speedway  no matter who rides for them :t:

Surely what is most important is the quality of the racing rather than the reputation of the riders.  

In the past there have been teams stacked with top riders who won each week and their crowds went down.

With a track like ours, the racing is at it's best when the level of the riders is similar.  Who remembers the initial PC season opener?  The riders were of a similar standard, no top guys, but the meeting was superb.  Also, some of the Colts meetings have produced wonderful racing.

This obvious leveling down could actually produce a much better product. I can't wait and given it's been so long I'd probably go and watch anything at the moment.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, coldace said:

Surely what is most important is the quality of the racing rather than the reputation of the riders.  

In the past there have been teams stacked with top riders who won each week and their crowds went down.

With a track like ours, the racing is at it's best when the level of the riders is similar.  Who remembers the initial PC season opener?  The riders were of a similar standard, no top guys, but the meeting was superb.  Also, some of the Colts meetings have produced wonderful racing.

This obvious leveling down could actually produce a much better product. I can't wait and given it's been so long I'd probably go and watch anything at the moment.

Indeed, at any level close racing is the key, and the memorable meetings that stick in my mind over the last 20 years have normally involved a last heat decider.

1 hour ago, coldace said:

Nailed it. Two strength in depth sides going at it on a well prepared surface and let the result speak for itself. Team building needs a cap at the top and bottom ends so riders are closer in ability. A 10 pointer and 2/3 pointer on track at the same time isn't going to offer much however a heat with 7 & 5 pointers or 6&4 and the action is likely to be closer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Nailed it. Two strength in depth sides going at it on a well prepared surface and let the result speak for itself. Team building needs a cap at the top and bottom ends so riders are closer in ability. A 10 pointer and 2/3 pointer on track at the same time isn't going to offer much however a heat with 7 & 5 pointers or 6&4 and the action is likely to be closer. 

How do you maintain balanced strength in depth sides? Jettison those at the top and bottom? What incentive would riders have to improve?

Even with well balanced teams, some will score more and some less which then means you no longer have a balanced team.

If they are watering down the league so that there are less at the top and being replaced with “rising stars” then I wouldn’t expect to fork out the same admission as previously either! I.e. if I pay to see a premier team, I expect to see premier riders.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

How do you maintain balanced strength in depth sides? Jettison those at the top and bottom? What incentive would riders have to improve?

Even with well balanced teams, some will score more and some less which then means you no longer have a balanced team.

If they are watering down the league so that there are less at the top and being replaced with “rising stars” then I wouldn’t expect to fork out the same admission as previously either! I.e. if I pay to see a premier team, I expect to see premier riders.

Jettison the top end who are largely doing that themselves by opting to ride in other leagues. The bottom moves up and the cycle continues. Of course there will always be riders who score more or less, who are just terrible at certain tracks but by reducing the average gaps it will assist with the strung out racing. 

As for price point i don't disagree, reductions need to made across the board in terms of entry and rider demands to reflect the product on show. 

On 1/28/2021 at 3:21 PM, Phil The Ace said:

team 2 is what we will see

No Richie Worrall please....