British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

The prices have to be slashed hugely for it to work now , cant imagine anyone in their right mind would be happy forking out 18 quid with the dropped standard. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pinny said:

The prices have to be slashed hugely for it to work now , cant imagine anyone in their right mind would be happy forking out 18 quid with the dropped standard. 

you support your club & the sport & british speedway !! good racing doesn't have to be GP riders we have witnessed great racing at NL level at NSS  but not everyone has a track like NSS !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GAH said:

you support your club & the sport & british speedway !! good racing doesn't have to be GP riders we have witnessed great racing at NL level at NSS  but not everyone has a track like NSS !!

Grow up you pleb. 

Speedway was borderline value for money when the stars were riding UK, now their not , charging the same if not more is daylight robbery. 

speedway is a ten pound sport. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

As for price point i don't disagree, reductions need to made across the board in terms of entry and rider demands to reflect the product on show. 

If the product is what fans want, then riders have to put on great close racing, to do this their equipment has to be the best it can be, which costs them money. At the end of the day us the fans have always been the ones who have to pay the piper. One of my hopes is that clubs encourage younger fans, 1 full price parent = 1, 15 and under free entrance. As for the argument of the product being poorer so the entrance fee reflecting this is a none starter, as an example,my football team Manchester Utd, are poor to watch compared to the Fergie years, the entrance fee has not gone down.  

8 hours ago, Pinny said:

Grow up you pleb. 

Speedway was borderline value for money when the stars were riding UK, now their not , charging the same if not more is daylight robbery. 

Just as well you live down under, it won't affect you. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 2:37 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Bumper home side especially with the two Worrall's as second strings. Now it just needs Brady & Jye to confirm they will be coming over....and the season to start....and the weather to behave.....  

Brady has a team spot in Poland so should be coming back over to take his team place over there. Whether or not he has to base himself over there again or is then allowed to fly in and out between Poland and Britain without isolation and quarantine remains to be seen.

48 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Brady has a team spot in Poland so should be coming back over to take his team place over there. Whether or not he has to base himself over there again or is then allowed to fly in and out between Poland and Britain without isolation and quarantine remains to be seen.

That will take Bewley out of the country as well.

15 hours ago, Pinny said:

Grow up you pleb. 

grow up yourself Pleb do you not understand the word support pathetic childish comment but don't expect anything from a idiot un-real !!

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Bewley and Kurtz both out of British Speedway 

yeah right :rofl:

12 minutes ago, GAH said:

grow up yourself Pleb do you not understand the word support pathetic childish comment but don't expect anything from a idiot un-real !!

Hes right to an extent. I've said it for years now but speedway can't rely on the die hards anymore. There isn't anywhere near enough fans anymore and with the quality dropping you are going to struggle to bring in the casuals with prices being the way they are.

At max I think you can price the current standard of the premiership at £15.

25 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Hes right to an extent. I've said it for years now but speedway can't rely on the die hards anymore. There isn't anywhere near enough fans anymore and with the quality dropping you are going to struggle to bring in the casuals with prices being the way they are.

Given that promoters had no income last year with probable costs, I wouldn’t be surprised if they raise the admission to £20!

28 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Given that promoters had no income last year with probable costs, I wouldn’t be surprised if they raise the admission to £20!

Although given the number that run at a loss some will have had a more financially successful year in  2020 than previous seasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Which again, you'll con the very few hard-core fans left to buy in at those prices because we do care. But its going to be tough to convince any casual to buy in for that sort of money.

Edited by spin king junior
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spin king junior said:

£15 is about right, in 2019 prices were £18 for adults and £16 for concessions at Kings Lynn and I can remember when I occasionally went to watch theYoung Stars in the National League it cost me £10 to get in so £15 to watch premier league speedway in 2021 would be quite fair I’d think.