British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

13 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

£15 is about right, in 2019 prices were £18 for adults and £16 for concessions at Kings Lynn and I can remember when I occasionally went to watch theYoung Stars in the National League it cost me £10 to get in so £15 to watch premier league speedway in 2021 would be quite fair I’d think.

Don't disagree at all, however...

That would mean the Championship at around £12.50 to £13...

Not a chance of that happening...

Wasn't it £18 and more at some Championship teams in 2019....?

Does that make us lucky at Lynn or was some championship clubs supporters unlucky.

Dont think there will be a huge difference in team strengths between the premier and championship so maybe £13/£14 would be a fair price ?

1 minute ago, Clive Ward said:

Does that make us lucky at Lynn or was some championship clubs supporters unlucky.

Dont think there will be a huge difference in team strengths between the premier and championship so maybe £13/£14 would be a fair price ?

Can't see any reduction, as riders costs will only have gone up if anything. I would personally be happy to pay last years proposed admission price...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Can't see any reduction, as riders costs will only have gone up if anything. I would personally be happy to pay last years proposed admission price...

Yes agree that rider costs would go up but not much as most riders would have new engines etc already in the workshop from 2019 and yes I would also be happy to pay 2019 admission prices, I don’t think I should but it won’t stop me going if we are lucky enough to get some speedway this year.

• Like 3

Just now, Clive Ward said:

Yes agree that rider costs would go up but not much as most riders would have new engines etc already in the workshop from 2019 and yes I would also be happy to pay 2019 admission prices, I don’t think I should but it won’t stop me going if we are lucky enough to get some speedway this year.

That's a good point Clive, i bet some of them can't wait to earn a few quid from their equipment investments...

With Lambert and Riss missing from the team this year our rider costs must have plummeted 

9 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

That will take Bewley out of the country as well.

6 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Bewley and Kurtz both out of British Speedway 

I wouldn’t be surprised personally.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I wouldn’t be surprised personally.

You are only a 'Poland pulling up the drawbridge' away....

Add in Brexit and the fact the EU could put quarantine regs on anyone who goes into their territory, or prevent travel to their territories from certain countries, then any rider riding over here, and over there, could very easily have problems...

And as a self employed person, with two similar jobs that pay so massively widely differing salaries, you can perfectly understand it if he chooses the one that pays considerably the most momey..

Edited by mikebv

Not just the salary though....if Bewley, Kurtz or anyone else of their ilk have ambitions to get to GP’s etc they have to be riding in Poland whatever that means for their UK careers. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

You are only a 'Poland pulling up the drawbridge' away....

Add in Brexit and the fact the EU could put quarantine regs on anyone who goes into their territory, or prevent travel to their territories from certain countries, then any rider riding over here, and over there, could very easily have problems...

And as a self employed person, with two similar jobs that pay so massively widely differing salaries, you can perfectly understand it if he chooses the one that pays considerably the most momey..

If and it's a big IF, the UK is Covid safe and our travel restrictions for UK citizens is lifted to/from certain countries which includes Poland,then the EU will have no reason to make it harder for employment travel between the 2 countries. Plus the Jab will hopefully mean the world can reopen for business. or am I hoping for to much to soon. 

28 minutes ago, hyderd said:

If and it's a big IF, the UK is Covid safe and our travel restrictions for UK citizens is lifted to/from certain countries which includes Poland,then the EU will have no reason to make it harder for employment travel between the 2 countries. Plus the Jab will hopefully mean the world can reopen for business. or am I hoping for to much to soon. 

Looking at how badly the EU have handled the vaccine roll out you may be...

And there are still lots of unanswered questions re the vaccines complete effectiveness given the timeline it took to make them...

Lets hope for the best..

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Looking at how badly the EU have handled the vaccine roll out you may be...

And there are still lots of unanswered questions re the vaccines complete effectiveness given the timeline it took to make them...

Lets hope for the best..

The Vaccines are fine, the reason they were rolled out so quickly, compared to others is Red tape. A blank cheque was given and all red tape removed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about?

1Brady Kurtz 7.54

2 Charles Wright 6.51

3 Dan Bewley 6.15

4 Steve Worrall 5.53

5 Edward Kennett 5.39

6 Jye Etheridge 4.35

7 Rising Star 4.**

Total 35.46 (+4)

Kennet do me a favour can't ride NSS no chance and no thanks the rest is very much on the cards covid & travel restrictions is the problem ???

Most teams seem to be announcing riders now for the new season but nothing much coming from Belle Vue. Anyone got any ideas/snippets of information?

• Like 1