British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

53 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Most teams seem to be announcing riders now for the new season but nothing much coming from Belle Vue. Anyone got any ideas/snippets of information?

That's a very fair point. The last tweet on the official website was in October...

https://bellevue-speedway.com/

1 hour ago, TheWatcher said:

That's a very fair point. The last tweet on the official website was in October...

https://bellevue-speedway.com/

pretty much same as last season before lockdown !! kildimand & lidsey will not be riding defo !!

Kurtz

Worrall

Wright

Worrall

Bewley

Jye

Brennan

That would be my guess 

26 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Kurtz

Worrall

Wright

Worrall

Bewley

Jye

Brennan

That would be my guess 

Didn't Bickley become a Belle Vue asset a couple of years ago? With his record and progress for the Colts as well, wouldn't it make sense to make him the 'rising star'? 

35 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

Didn't Bickley become a Belle Vue asset a couple of years ago? With his record and progress for the Colts as well, wouldn't it make sense to make him the 'rising star'? 

Unfortunately Kyle seams to have lost his way a bit, other younger riders who have not been around as long seamed to have got better, maybe Kyle can prove me wrong !!

But don't think he should be a  4* rising star at elite level as I have seen on the list. That's if the list is correct ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neila said:

Unfortunately Kyle seams to have lost his way a bit, other younger riders who have not been around as long seamed to have got better, maybe Kyle can prove me wrong !!

But don't think he should be a  4* rising star at elite level as I have seen on the list. That's if the list is correct ?

Agreed. Kyle has been in a very fortunate position for a long time with regards to sponsorship and has effectively been raised to become only a speedway rider however i fear that right of passage has meant the desire doesn't burn quite a bright as others who have had to work harder to get where they are now. Kyle is one rider who can never blame equipment which is a blessing as it means the only improvement left to come is from himself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Agreed. Kyle has been in a very fortunate position for a long time with regards to sponsorship and has effectively been raised to become only a speedway rider however i fear that right of passage has meant the desire doesn't burn quite a bright as others who have had to work harder to get where they are now. Kyle is one rider who can never blame equipment which is a blessing as it means the only improvement left to come is from himself.

Watched him in the Colts and when paired with Dan Bewley, he would, a fair few times lead him home, with Dan, whilst not exactly being dropped, but also not making any inroads. With Kyle often posting one of the fastest times of the meeting....

Similar too, when Dan led, (and also won in a fast time) Kyle would be matching his speed and often finish a safe distance away but still a close second..

It does appear from watching him that the first corner really does determine his race (to be fair like more than a good few over the years), but I am not totally sure when he hits that first bend with three others in very close proximity, all vying for the same small piece of track, that he is totally comfortable, and that on more than on a few occasions I have watched him, he comes out of the second turn in a non too advantageous position from a pretty useful start.. 

Definitely got some speed and talent though so lets hope he can develop onwards..

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Watched him in the Colts and when paired with Dan Bewley, he would, a fair few times lead him home, with Dan, whilst not exactly being dropped, but also not making any inroads. With Kyle often posting one of the fastest times of the meeting....

Similar too, when Dan led, (and also won in a fast time) Kyle would be matching his speed and often finish a safe distance away but still a close second..

It does appear from watching him that the first corner really does determine his race (to be fair like more than a good few over the years), but I am not totally sure when he hits that first bend with three others in very close proximity, all vying for the same small piece of track, that he is totally comfortable, and that on more than on a few occasions I have watched him, he comes out of the second turn in a non too advantageous position from a pretty useful start.. 

Definitely got some speed and talent though so lets hope he can develop onwards..

It seems to me that he is a bit reluctant to move off the inside line.  That's fine early on in the meeting but I'd like to see him using the outside more. There's quite a contrast between Kyle's approach and that of Leon Flint.

That said, I feel that Tom Brennan could be a really useful signing. He showed up well in one of the virtual meetings last year.

It is important we sign the best available rider within the 4* list.

Sadly Kyle has plateaued somewhat in his last year of racing.  He now needs to step up to the plate and elevate his performances

He is talented and can become a good rider at the top level.

Here’s hoping that Kyle boosts himself up the ladder in 2021

Agree with you all RE Kyle, super smooth, great machines and always turns out profesional, but he did seem to stagnate in 2019. Still young though and plenty of time to improve.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hyderd said:

Agree with you all RE Kyle, super smooth, great machines and always turns out profesional, but he did seem to stagnate in 2019. Still young though and plenty of time to improve.

And struggled in the 2020 competitions that were run. 

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

And struggled in the 2020 competitions that were run. 

Got to admit, I didn't know that

13 hours ago, hyderd said:

Got to admit, I didn't know that

Scored 2 in the U19 final and 0 in the U21 although he did come 2nd in the Caledonian which was won by William Lawson.

• Like 1

Well done to Brady, 2nd behind Jack Holder in the NSW State title.

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done to Brady, 2nd behind Jack Holder in the NSW State title.

You sure about that skidder? 2nd in points but I think 7th overall.. that’s the results I seen over here.