British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

3 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

So, 9.15am, and no tickets on line. What's going on?

Tickets went on sale dead on 9.00 bought mine No problem 

How magnificent it is to see the words 'Belle Vue v Sheffield' after all this time. Can anyone confirm the last time this happened?

Always seemed crazy that as speedway struggled, two big name clubs less than an hours drive from each other were in different leagues thus depriving fans of long cherished derby matches and presumably bumper attendances.

• Like 1

Got my tickets no problem, went live dead on 9am, excellent website.

On 5/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, DBP said:

Think the crowd levels will be low until the restrictions are further  lifted on June 21

The majority of fans dont like or can't book online.

I and quite a few of the people I stand with  on the back straight will be waiting till June 21, I note the price for standing on the back straight (south stand) is now £20

Will watch the first match on Eurosport.

First meeting nearly sold out so no issues there.

Belle Vue cancelled their next 2 home meetings on 21st & 28th. Next meeting now 12 July which was due to be on Eurosport 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Belle Vue cancelled their next 2 home meetings on 21st & 28th. Next meeting now 12 July which was due to be on Eurosport 

One of the biggest speedway stadiums in the country, they must get huge crowds for this to happen 

1 minute ago, penchev said:

One of the biggest speedway stadiums in the country, they must get huge crowds for this to happen 

Its disappointing of course, but makes sense, only 7 league meetings left so plenty of time to run them with hopefully no restrictions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Its disappointing of course, but makes sense, only 7 league meetings left so plenty of time to run them with hopefully no restrictions.

We'll still have double headers and promoters moaning about it, you just know it.

• Like 1

A good decision to move the next two fixtures at home. Financially , it makes sense.. the prospect of bigger crowds without the restrictions.

Other promoters are probably thinking on the same lines.

Looking forward to our next match....

I think under the circumstances with 6 teams in the league it's not a bad option to cancel the next 2 and stage them after the 19 July when I'm totally certain restrictions will have been lifted... Its a shame as I have just started going again after over 25 years away !.... I thought there was actually a good crowd for the Peterborough match I went to which was sold out so if they can get all them plus the extra allowed then it looks quite rosy for Belle Vue at least... I hope all other clubs can ride out the storm until 19 July. 

Perhaps british speedway as a whole should be halted until July 19th ,so that every team can run with hopefully no restrictions so they can all obtain a  better financial return  ,