British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

37 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Inc minus 2.5% for British riders i think my maths are right ?

Kurtz               7.54

Wright or Worrall 6.52 or 5.54

Tungate            6.59

Bewley             6.16

Holder              7.49

Lidsey              5.16

leaving 3.02 or 4.04 depending who is at number 2

Good solid team and not to pie in the sky.Tungate/Bewley and Worrall all dropped their averages last year so all are capable of improving and Lidsey should keep on improving next season plus one good reserve all the time.

I'd settle for this team if no Fricke and Bjerre. Would take Wright over Worrall as I feel he may well kick on a bit more next season and rides the outside line more.  Really going to miss seeing Max reel them in.

9 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

How about Nicolai Klindt or is he destined for another team?

Ipswich 

12 hours ago, coldace said:

I'd settle for this team if no Fricke and Bjerre. Would take Wright over Worrall as I feel he may well kick on a bit more next season and rides the outside line more.  Really going to miss seeing Max reel them in.

Here Here.

On 11/23/2019 at 1:22 AM, acef said:

Kurtz will be no problem as a number 1 for BV. I think Poole has slowed him down.

Getting a number 1 and 2nd HL will be tough for the entire league this season.

I can see Jack Holder coming as well.

Not a clue if it fits but

Kurtz

Lidsey

Wright

Bewley

Holder

Sedgman

Ayres

Kurtz 7.54

Lidsey 5.16

Wright 6.68

Bewley 6.31

Holder 7.49

Pickering 4.65

Ayres 3.67

Exchanged Sedgman for Pickering - I cannot believe this lad does not have a Premiership place and he'd be fantastic at the NSS - otherwise the same. Ayres would be a brilliant signing and its surprising no one else has mentioned him. 

Best of all ? 41.5 on the nail (not including reductions for Wright, Bewley and Ayres).

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Kurtz 7.54

Lidsey 5.16

Wright 6.68

Bewley 6.31

Holder 7.49

Pickering 4.65

Ayres 3.67

Exchanged Sedgman for Pickering - I cannot believe this lad does not have a Premiership place and he'd be fantastic at the NSS - otherwise the same. Ayres would be a brilliant signing and its surprising no one else has mentioned him. 

Best of all ? 41.5 on the nail (not including reductions for Wright, Bewley and Ayres).

Still about 1.82 to use up.That would be criminal in speedway to build a team that short of the points limit.Don't forget you can build to 42.5

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Kurtz 7.54

Lidsey 5.16

Wright 6.68

Bewley 6.31

Holder 7.49

Pickering 4.65

Ayres 3.67

Holder and Kurtz together? #tragictwins

I think you could be right.  You could say that Kurtz is at about the level Fricke was a couple of years ago and he has progressed during his time at the NSS and with Lemon.  Kurtz could do the same and maybe Holder although he seems to have an 'attitude' problem.

9 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Holder and Kurtz under the arms of Mark Lemon will blossom in their careers

Has anyone else blossomed under Lemon?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Has anyone else blossomed under Lemon?

The young riders at Belle Vue all say how much help they get from him and how much they have learnt from him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

The young riders at Belle Vue all say how much help they get from him and how much they have learnt from him.

Fair enough. Just seemed that BV underperformed this year and they couldn’t get Bewley and Worrall going.

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Fair enough. Just seemed that BV underperformed this year and they couldn’t get Bewley and Worrall going.

Was always going to be a tough year for dan. He came back way to early from terrible injuries. He got going towards end of season. 

Worrall came back to early year earlier which affected him more than he thought. Had a tough year this year because of it. 

Next year is massive for him and hopefully we get to see the real stevie worrall next year 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Was always going to be a tough year for dan. He came back way to early from terrible injuries. He got going towards end of season. 

Worrall came back to early year earlier which affected him more than he thought. Had a tough year this year because of it. 

Next year is massive for him and hopefully we get to see the real stevie worrall next year 

Totally agree with you regarding Dan, end of season looking much better, & his trip to Australia banging in some very good meetings. He is a remarkable talent  

• Like 4

Kurtz, Wright, Bewley and Lidsey all feel realistic/likely for various reasons. That would leave 16.81 for the remaining 3 riders.

I do hope Max stays, but if not then there are other ways to build a successful team.