British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

11 hours ago, dougie70 said:

Not surprised they get greedy 

It’s been commented on by several people recently who do the deals saying some of the riders demands for 2020 are completely unrealistic.

It used to be just starts and points, now its mechanics, mobiles, vans, accommodation, hotels, flights, gaurantees, lifts, drivers, clothing, engines, frames, tyres, oil, fuel, wheels & insurance, were does it end.

11 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

2020 BV team looking ok. Shame about not getting Max but from what I hear it’s all about money!

It's not.

Is Fricke doing Sweden? Doyle apart I don’t think any GP riders want to do three full time leagues any more.

51 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It’s been commented on by several people recently who do the deals saying some of the riders demands for 2020 are completely unrealistic.

It used to be just starts and points, now its mechanics, mobiles, vans, accommodation, hotels, flights, gaurantees, lifts, drivers, clothing, engines, frames, tyres, oil, fuel, wheels & insurance, were does it end.

It doesn’t seem to end nowadays I remember when it was start and finish money and travel to and away tracks 

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Is Fricke doing Sweden? Doyle apart I don’t think any GP riders want to do three full time leagues any more.

Yep, swapped Rospiggarna for Indianerna, I think.

1 hour ago, acef said:

It's not.

Ok maybe but I’m reliably told that money is very tight as BV losses are astronomical well over £500,000. and rider pay has to be cut, which makes sense. All clubs should be doing the same or they will go under. 

Why would a business of that size which has lost half a million carry on? 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why would a business of that size which has lost half a million carry on? 

Because its not true. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Because its not true. 

My thoughts too ie it would never happen. 

Dont get me wrong. They loose money. Probably more than most clubs and they will probably get bored of that sooner rather than later.  

They have very very very deep pockets. Belle vue is loose change to them. 

They are very determined to make it work. And I should imagine in the 5th year they will consider what the next step will be 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Because its not true. 

Phil, it is TRUE just check out the BV accounts on official company house web sight!! 

Edited by Speedtiger

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

My thoughts too ie it would never happen. 

Bag puss, well it has, just check it out on company house web sight. 

Speedtiger is correct the losses are huge and there will be a time probably sooner than later when they will pull the plug

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Bag puss, well it has, just check it out on company house web sight. 

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Phil, it is TRUE just check out the BV accounts on official company house web sight!! 

a) It's called a "website".

b) There's nothing filed at Companies House to show what profit or loss they have made.  (and certainly not your made up half a million loss).

As a small company (micro-entity), they are only obliged to file micro company accounts.  This means no profit and loss account has to be filed, no statement of source and application of funds has to be filed, and only the briefest of 3 line abbreviated balance sheets has to be filed.   And indeed, this brief balance sheet is all they have filed.  There's no P&L account to look at.

All you can do with the modified balance sheet info is take one figure away from the other to show a difference of approx £152k.   If nothing else has changed during the year you could assume they had made a loss of £152k.   But you haven't got any information on anything else, so making that assumption would be silly.   For all you know they could have lost £10,152,000 but pumped 10 million into the company.  Equally they could have made £9,848,000 profit, but taken  £10M out in dividends....  they could have taken out mortgages, paid off mortgages, bought a share of the stadium, bought riders, sold riders, made clever accounting adjustments for tax reasons.... a million possibilities.

You're unlikely to see any speedway club ever reach the level of turnover needed for them to be compelled to file a Profit & Loss account.  Until then, keep guessing and making crap up.

• Like 2

Ok you make a lot of ifs, buts and maybes but you should look on company house it in black and white and looks a huge loss and if they are supposed to be hot shot business people it is a very bad show. Or is it a tax dodge?