British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

Just now, DC2 said:

Really? Wright is the better rider atm.

no he isn't !!far from it ask anyone who would you choose in straight choice for your team !! i'll leave it there !!

22 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

no he isn't !!far from it ask anyone who would you choose in straight choice for your team !! i'll leave it there !!

Wright.

Hes still improving and great to watch, Belle Vue would suit his style.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

I presume you know what ‘atm’ means in that context? 

The averages say that Wright is currently the better rider of the two and he is British champion after all. Considering their ages it’s likely that Bewley will end up the better rider but right now he isn’t. 

And hypothetically  if it was me choosing for 2020 it would be Wright over Bewley without doubt. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The averages say that Wright is currently the better rider of the two and he is British champion after all. Considering their ages it’s likely that Bewley will end up the better rider but right now he isn’t. 

And hypothetically  if it was me choosing for 2020 it would be Wright over Bewley without doubt. 

enough said !! not much to say about that :rofl: then again wright is the  better gater of the two so around gaters paradise lynn he would do better :rofl: anyway there will be no straight choice because both will be team mates !! 

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

yeah atm is a cash machine :rofl::party::t::)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

enough said !! not much to say about that :rofl: then again wright is the  better gater of the two so around gaters paradise lynn he would do better :rofl: anyway there will be no straight choice because both will be team mates !! 

How about having a proper discussion without being a silly bully for once? 

And yes we all know they will be teammates but you are the one who said ‘ask anyone who would you choose in straight choice for your team !! i'll leave it there !!

2-0 Wright so far. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

How about having a proper discussion without being a silly bully for once? 

And yes we all know they will be teammates but you are the one who said ‘ask anyone who would you choose in straight choice for your team !! i'll leave it there !!

2-0 Wright so far. 

more fool them simples !! i'll remind you come october who has the best season :party::t: although wright will have a decent riding NSS as a home track !!

Edited by geoff58

1 minute ago, geoff58 said:

more fool them simples !! i'll remind come october who has the best season :party::t: 

But if Bewley has the higher average in October then he will be the better rider in October, not ‘atm’ ie right now......

• Like 1

Just now, Bagpuss said:

But if Bewley has the higher average in October then he will be the better rider in October, not ‘atm’ ie right now......

he will be the  better rider after 1st set of monthly averages !! but saying a rider is better because his average is higher is hypothetical averages are just that average !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

Wright for me

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

why has dan got polish & swedish teams in top leagues and charles hasn't ?? suspect because they think dan is the better rider eh ?? or should they have signed charles because his average is 0.37 higher ?? averages are just that average and if we had a grading system dan would be higher grade !!

5 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Wright for me

think you should stick to championship racing !! :party: haven't seen charles signed for any polish or swedish top league teams unlike dan has !! perhaps their promoters don't know what they are doing :rofl:

Edited by geoff58

24 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

why has dan got polish & swedish teams in top leagues and charles hasn't ?? suspect because they think dan is the better rider eh ?? or should they have signed charles because his average is 0.37 higher ?? averages are just that average and if we had a grading system dan would be higher grade !!

Remember when Doyle was a PL heat leader and youngsters like Bridger had Polish team places? Now where are they? Bewley is probably going to turn out better but right now Wright is better, probably not much longer but right now he is.

• Like 2

Dan's average last year was very much affected by his serious injuries in 2018. Remember that nobody expected him to be back as soon as he was.

Even then the difference between him and Wright was about a third of a point. Given a choice between the two it would be Dan for me.  He is a better long term prospect and he will do better than Wright next year. Fortunately, we may have both in the team. 

If we are talking about atm then Dan is doing doing better than Charles in Australia. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

he will be heat leader after 1st month if we are signing wright ??

Will be little to choose in that questuon.

You can only go on current form and Charles is the better rider right now.

In the long term no doubt Dan will go further

• Like 1