British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If nobody signs Pickering I’d be astonished, maybe he doesn’t want to ride Premiership or can’t get the correct visa? Must be a reason. 

Wondered that Bagpuss it has to be a visa issue? can Stewart get one to do two leagues because of his U21 cv or winning some sort of Australian title.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

On 12/8/2019 at 6:37 PM, geoff58 said:

Does Pickering even fit in this team assuming we have the other 4 right?

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If nobody signs Pickering I’d be astonished, maybe he doesn’t want to ride Premiership or can’t get the correct visa? Must be a reason. 

Gone under the radar somehow which is incredible when you think about it.

A quality rider.

I doubt if that is relevant to the Aces.. maybe Peterborough who are struggling for top end apparently

Hope there will be updates from the meeting on here from supporters present at the meeting

9 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

I doubt if that is relevant to the Aces.. maybe Peterborough who are struggling for top end apparently

Hope there will be updates from the meeting on here from supporters present at the meeting

Iversen to Peterborough 

Belle Vue Aces team announced ♣️

Brady Kurtz
Peter Kildemand
Charles Wright
Dan Bewley 
Steve Worrall
Jaimon Lidsey 
Jye Etheridge

As expected. It's a half decent team, probably similar to last year in overall strength it's just distributed more evenly across the team this time.

Should make the play offs and nice to see some new faces.

Strength in depth and having Lidsey at reserve is a definite bonus. Kildemand is the unknown quantity. He has the ability to do well but there has to be concerns following his poor 2019 season.

Overall, Kurtz, Bewley, Wright, Worrall, Lidsey and Etheridge are all capable of improving their averages. I would have preferred to keep Fricke and Bjerre but certainly not disappointed with this team and we should reach the play offs.