British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

18 minutes ago, spin king said:

For me Belle Vue are the title favourites with that team.

Ahead of Swindon spinny? Wow. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ahead of Swindon spinny? Wow. 

Must still have his Championship head on. 

Swindon are clear clear favourites.

What goes in Belle Vue's favour is a replacement for injuries would be easier to find than a replacement for Doyle, Batchelor and Jensen. Swindon would be extremely lucky if they remain injury free from one of those three

very similar to last year, looks decent enough to be challenging and possibly on a par with the expected Wolves line up.

Needs quite a bit of improvement throughout tho to be in with a real shout. Kildemand could be all the difference tho imho.

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Must still have his Championship head on. 

Swindon are clear clear favourites.

What goes in Belle Vue's favour is a replacement for injuries would be easier to find than a replacement for Doyle, Batchelor and Jensen. Swindon would be extremely lucky if they remain injury free from one of those three

Musielak.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

very similar to last year, looks decent enough to be challenging and possibly on a par with the expected Wolves line up.

Needs quite a bit of improvement throughout tho to be in with a real shout. Kildemand could be all the difference tho imho.

Better 2nd strings and better reserves. Heat leaders not as strong. It's similar in strength but the distribution of said strength is more even.

I also think there is more scope for improvement. Dan and Steve will have less pressure, more so Dan who will not be starting as the 3rd heat leader.

Lots on resting on PK. If he gets anywhere near the rider he can be then I make us favourite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Musielak.

He doesn't cut it as a replacement on those 3 does he :rolleyes:

That's my point, Belle Vue are more likely to be able to find suitable replacements while any lose of Swindon's top 3 will be catastrophic. 

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

He doesn't cut it as a replacement on those 3 does he :rolleyes:

That's my point, Belle Vue are more likely to be able to find suitable replacements while any lose of Swindon's top 3 will be catastrophic. 

Just the small problem of belle vue refusing to replace under performing riders until it's to late 

I'll try a remember as much as I can about last night. A very very good turnout. I'd say about 500 On entrance everybody got a raffle ticket, if your number was picked out you got to announce the signings. Great idea I thought, good interaction with fans and good use of getting us involved. They announced remaining 5 riders, each rider did a mini video wishing us fans well. Charles wright and stevie worrall was in attendance. Stevie had his metal plates removed last week so leg should be 100% next season. Charles cant wait to get going and ride for his local club A lot of stuff going on behind the scenes commercially. Richard Cotton of rentruck stepping away as lead club sponsor but will be still involved with belle vue. Thanks richard for your continued support for the last 6 years or so. We are now going to be known as the Bellevue "bike right" aces. So welcome JBL to your ee role as team sponsor. They should be able to announce more sponsors soon. The NL is costing belle vue alot of money but they will still carry thisnon next year. There is an AGM this monday which will hopefully confirm the NL as running. We will only do the league and not cup fixtures etc. They have 7 riders signed and will announce once sorted The new owners are signing a long term lease on the stadium and not a year on year one which they have been going. They are dedicated to make speedway work and love the sport. So some good news Adrian as been in talks to hold some FIM events. Which he Hope's to announce soon. Said we will all be happy. We have the british final and an FIN world U21 qualifier. We will start with the peter craven meeting as usual and hope to have a war of the roses trophy up for grabs. So a 2 legged match before season kicks off. They are working on available dates The fixtures have been sorted a month earlier this year and should be announced in new year, clubs have done it so no team has long breaks without meetings in the season The management will be on holiday for 4 weeks from monday. So if they dont reply to emails etc dont worry That's about all I can remember. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good team, Dan doing well down under and if he brings that into next eason can we expect and increase of at least 1 point to his starting average ?. Stevie had a bad 2019 by his standards, if his 2018 injuries are out of the way now, then that's another point to add to the overall average. Jaimon could be our biggest climber, if he can improve his away form, then I see no reason why we can't be pushing Swindon for top spot.Killer is capable, but will he diliver, only time will tell

So my hopes for our 2020 team are

1 B Kurtz........................+0.50

2 S Worrall......................+1.00

3 C Wright.......................+ 0.25

D Bewley.........................+ 1.0

P Kildermand..................???

J Lidsey...........................+2.0

J Etheridge......................0.0???

Edited by hyderd
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'll try a remember as much as I can about last night. A very very good turnout. I'd say about 500 On entrance everybody got a raffle ticket, if your number was picked out you got to announce the signings. Great idea I thought, good interaction with fans and good use of getting us involved. They announced remaining 5 riders, each rider did a mini video wishing us fans well. Charles wright and stevie worrall was in attendance. Stevie had his metal plates removed last week so leg should be 100% next season. Charles cant wait to get going and ride for his local club A lot of stuff going on behind the scenes commercially. Richard Cotton of rentruck stepping away as lead club sponsor but will be still involved with belle vue. Thanks richard for your continued support for the last 6 years or so. We are now going to be known as the Bellevue "bike right" aces. So welcome JBL to your ee role as team sponsor. They should be able to announce more sponsors soon. The NL is costing belle vue alot of money but they will still carry thisnon next year. There is an AGM this monday which will hopefully confirm the NL as running. We will only do the league and not cup fixtures etc. They have 7 riders signed and will announce once sorted The new owners are signing a long term lease on the stadium and not a year on year one which they have been going. They are dedicated to make speedway work and love the sport. So some good news Adrian as been in talks to hold some FIM events. Which he Hope's to announce soon. Said we will all be happy. We have the british final and an FIN world U21 qualifier. We will start with the peter craven meeting as usual and hope to have a war of the roses trophy up for grabs. So a 2 legged match before season kicks off. They are working on available dates The fixtures have been sorted a month earlier this year and should be announced in new year, clubs have done it so no team has long breaks without meetings in the season The management will be on holiday for 4 weeks from monday. So if they dont reply to emails etc dont worry That's about all I can remember. 

Seems like the club has real vision exciting times i just hope the sport in this country can hang on in there and make sure there is a longterm future for the sport.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Just the small problem of belle vue refusing to replace under performing riders until it's to late 

We have that issue at Lynn too :D:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

So that's why they signed Worrall?

28 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

A good side at home, question marks away IMO.

Our home track is no fortress, but I think/hope we will reach the P/Off's