British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Brady is what????? 24

Jack holder is younger I think

Both have plenty of time to improve. 

Bewley should not be aiming for no1 just yet. Way too early for that. 

It's never too early for a rider to aim for a number one spot!

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Bewley should not be aiming for no1 just yet. Way to early for that. 

Nonsense. Bewley needs to crack on or he'll become another 'what he could have been' rider.

The example to look up to are the Pole's and Bewley and Robert Lambert are miles behind in comparison. 

I am sure that Dan Bewley, like many other riders, is always aiming to be the best he can be. 

I think the point being made is that it will be a big step for him to become a number 1 next year. Not impossible, considering the steps he has already made and the courage and determination he showed in coming back so quickly from serious injury but realistically, more likely to take him at least 2 more years. 

• Like 3

On 1/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, szkocjasid said:

It's never too early for a rider to aim for a number one spot!

100%..

Many of the very top echelon of riders all have a similar career path..

One part of which is that after around three years of riding in the top league they become the best rider in their respective teams, or a close second best if that team has an out an out world level rider like Doyle, (someone who ironically didn't follow this usual glide path)..

If Dan is to attain the level of world class, which several appear to think he can, then by the end of this season he should be aspiring to reach No1 at the Aces (especially given the level of the league nowadays), and the following year be looking for a regular heat leader level Polish ride..

Very quickly in Speedway you can stagnate at a 'reasonable' level and before you know it, several of your rivals in your age group have gone past you. And the next age group are then suddenly upon you..

Robert Lambert is already at that 'tipping point' I would suggest. 

Will he now 'level off' as a No1 heat leader in the UK and a solid 2nd Division rider in Poland, or will he move on to being a regular Polish top three rider for a team?

Smarzlik for example isn't going anywhere soon given how young he is, and the likes of Smektala, Drabik, Kubera etc are already further ahead in their careers than both Bewley and Lambert..

With 'who knows next' coming from the Polish conveyer belt of talent..

The next two years in particular will be very crucial for both Bewley and Lambert I would suggest, and by the end of that time we will have a clear picture as to what level their career paths are heading to...

Edited by mikebv

IMHO riders like Dan who have the tallent, machinery and backing to go all the way, need to master the art of gating, today's top riders can gate.

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nonsense. Bewley needs to crack on or he'll become another 'what he could have been' rider.

The example to look up to are the Pole's and Bewley and Robert Lambert are miles behind in comparison. 

Lambert has shown at times that he is not miles behind he just needs to add more consistency and maybe juggle his squedule a bit.Smektala is the one i think  that has pushed on but Lambert/ Bewley have real talent and they can be around for a long old while with a bit of luck of course.Going back to Dan now that Max is not about this is a chance for Dan to be the top home rider at the NSS hopefully then bringing more confidence on his away performance's.

Edited by Sidney the robin

19 minutes ago, hyderd said:

IMHO riders like Dan who have the tallent, machinery and backing to go all the way, need to master the art of gating, today's top riders can gate.

This is paramount,,, not many tracks like belle Vue where its easy coming from the back

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Lambert has shown at times that he is not miles behind he just needs to add more consistency and maybe juggle his squedule a bit.Smektala is the one i think  that has pushed on but Lambert/ Bewley have real talent and they can be around for a long old while with a bit of luck of course.Going back to Dan now that Max is not about this is a chance for Dan to be the top home rider at the NSS hopefully then bringing more confidence on his away performance's.

I think Robert’s two big crashes really hampered him last year and knocked the stuffing out of him especially in the World U21. But I think he has shown in Sweden and the U21 WTC that he isn’t far off the top young Poles, they are far superior in their own country but I think that’s to be expected with the financial support (ie fast bikes) they have plus the format in the Extraliga. Will he interesting to see where Robert is at in five years time compared to Drabik, Smektala and Kubera. 

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Robert’s two big crashes really hampered him last year and knocked the stuffing out of him especially in the World U21. But I think he has shown in Sweden and the U21 WTC that he isn’t far off the top young Poles, they are far superior in their own country but I think that’s to be expected with the financial support (ie fast bikes) they have plus the format in the Extraliga. Will he interesting to see where Robert is at in five years time compared to Drabik, Smektala and Kubera. 

Bagpuss i am pretty confident that Robert is here to stay for the long haul and even in his struggles in the GPS he would of learned alot .Again he even showed in  the GPS at times how classy he can be Smektala for me is his main opponent at the moment Drabik is classy and very fast but Smektala really has a racing brain.The race between Smektala/ Lambert at the NSS this year was awesome Robert stalking him yet the Pole rode brilliant defensively at times and just held on.Kubera is odviously very quick but he is one I am not yet totally convinced with in Lambert/ Bewley i am quite hopeful for the future  i love watching them both race.

Edited by Sidney the robin

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I have been around speedway for over 50 years @ many levels, including connections to a few world champions. I truly be leave that Dan has the talent to be world champion. Would do himself a big favor to improve his gating skills otherwise the final goal will be that much harder but possible - Mark Loram!   Good luck Dan for 2020 & beyond.   

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Ooooohhhh, the anticipation

Soz realised I was running late for work and had no time to finish the post i thought I had deleted it lol.What I was going to post was.

We all want Dan and Robert to reach world class but the down side of our wants the way things are today is that if they do there's more than a good chance they will drop the British league.So wishing them success means I could miss out on the pleasure of watching Dan ride live every week and Robert when his team comes to the NSS.To me watching them on TV is just not the same.

I am already gutted through his own success at missing Max blasting round the boards this year after watching him progress over the last few years. As British fans these days their success is our and British speedways major loss making our league weaker and weaker sad sad days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Soz realised I was running late for work and had no time to finish the post i thought I had deleted it lol.What I was going to post was.

We all want Dan and Robert to reach world class but the down side of our wants the way things are today is that if they do there's more than a good chance they will drop the British league.So wishing them success means I could miss out on the pleasure of watching Dan ride live every week and Robert when his team comes to the NSS.To me watching them on TV is just not the same.

I am already gutted through his own success at missing Max blasting round the boards this year after watching him progress over the last few years. As British fans these days their success is our and British speedways major loss making our league weaker and weaker sad sad days.

I agree our top flight has been at it it’s weakest in 2019 however the fact that big names like Pedersen And Kildemand are signed up for 2020 means next year will already be stronger. Can only hope more come back. 

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I agree our top flight has been at it it’s weakest in 2019 however the fact that big names like Pedersen And Kildemand are signed up for 2020 means next year will already be stronger. Can only hope more come back. 

possibility with Sweden in trouble paying riders etc ??