British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I AGREE - Adams and Gollob stand out. But if Bewley basically has nothing else to do you can surely understand why he resorts to something he loves and under normal circumstances would help him keep fit.

Adam Ellis also last week !!

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

Doing something for charity wasn't he,i see nothing wrong in that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/17/2020 at 7:32 PM, cityrebel said:

Especially when it affects their livelihoods.

Haven't we all done something that could affect our livelihoods.We are speedway fans we must have done something in our lives that has a hint of danger about it.

• Like 1

i had a go at speedway, THAT affected my livelihood :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Not quite the same eh?

19 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOUR point would be more valid if Bewley had a full racing calendar but recently he has no rides anyway including Poland so hardly surprising that a young kid who loves riding motorbikes and has plenty of free time he gets the BMX out.

Trouble is that’s probably his season over, any further opportunities with Wroclaw have evaporated and even the chance to impress in practice has gone. No U21 events either in what is his last season at that level. You’d like to think that he’ll have learned to be more professional next time.

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Trouble is that’s probably his season over, any further opportunities with Wroclaw have evaporated and even the chance to impress in practice has gone. No U21 events either in what is his last season at that level. You’d like to think that he’ll have learned to be more professional next time.

NOT sure it is much different from a soccer star getting injured during training and missing a few matches. 

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT sure it is much different from a soccer star getting injured during training and missing a few matches. 

I would think many,many sports people from football,boxing,cricketers to all sports people have a go at something they are not use to in their sporting life.I can't imagine they don't have a go at go-karting,kayaking,quad biking or any other dangerous thing that could affect their seasons.It's not just speedway riders.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOUR point would be more valid if Bewley had a full racing calendar but recently he has no rides anyway including Poland so hardly surprising that a young kid who loves riding motorbikes and has plenty of free time he gets the BMX out.

In Poland should he not have been practicing Speedway rather than BMX riding though.

Think its a bit harsh to slate the lad for riding his BMX. In all honesty, speedway barely scrapes through as a semi professional sport. Particularly in the UK. Can't really expect him not to partake in other hobbies.

• Like 1

Just hope this latest injury added to the one he suffered with Glasgow and the bad one with Workington doesnt stop him progressing as he was expected to do, he wouldnt be the first rider whose early potential didnt materialise due to picking up injuries.

Like all things we do in life, you have to weigh up the risks. Driving a car or crossing the street has a level of risk. If BMX (or motorcross or whatever) has a proven level of risk that is higher than say, working out in the gym or running, you have to accept that you're risking your income from your chosen profession. I want the lad to succeed. But putting yourself on the sideleines, when you're already under threat of being dropped seems to be a risk too far.

He could have walked down the street tripped over a loose paving stone and broken his leg 

He could have done a hundred things, injured himself and never got near a bike

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tellboy said:

Doing something for charity wasn't he,i see nothing wrong in that.

still risking injury no excuses no difference !!

19 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Not quite the same eh?

why what's the difference its riding a push bike simple !!