British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

27 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Wonder whether govt will stop this with total Manchester lockdown and a ban on travelling into greater Manchester

the city has been under restrictions for some time but Covid cases are still high.

Boris will probably hit hard with a two week ban....

Put a few U19 riders in and say its 'grassroots'?

Move along now, nothing to see here..

;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Who is riding?

For me it is not relevant as long as we pick racers rather than riders.... we will see good racing

The track is brilliant and The promotion deserve it to be a success

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

For me it is not relevant as long as we pick racers rather than riders.... we will see good racing

The track is brilliant and The promotion deserve it to be a success

I did choose my word, if they are races then all the better.

13 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Wonder whether govt will stop this with total Manchester lockdown and a ban on travelling into greater Manchester

the city has been under restrictions for some time but Covid cases are still high.

Boris will probably hit hard with a two week ban....

I cannot see them stopping football so why should they stop Speedway.. it is behind closed doors

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

I cannot see them stopping football so why should they stop Speedway.. it is behind closed doors

Good point – but football is football and gets special treatment from the government and we are poor old speedway.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:21 PM, hyderd said:

Rain spoilt it, but we did get to see some racing. British final 1 2 3 Aussie Brit Aussie.

And it was still better than anything I've seen from the Ekstraliga or Sweden this year!

• Like 1

Last night I watched the 2016 Team Championship from the NSS.

The Friday meeting was spoilt by a lot of rain pre meeting.. such that there was no practice. The track was super grippy everywhere as a consequence. There were some good races but  passing was at a premium due to it being grippy everywhere .

The Saturday meeting was out of this world with super racing throughout.

One fact that many people do not realise is that not only did N.K. Iversen break the track record in the first race but also every race in the meeting was faster than the previous track record. An amazing statistic and it is highly unlikely that this statistic will be be matched.

5 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Last night I watched the 2016 Team Championship from the NSS.

The Friday meeting was spoilt by a lot of rain pre meeting.. such that there was no practice. The track was super grippy everywhere as a consequence. There were some good races but  passing was at a premium due to it being grippy everywhere .

The Saturday meeting was out of this world with super racing throughout.

One fact that many people do not realise is that not only did N.K. Iversen break the track record in the first race but also every race in the meeting was faster than the previous track record. An amazing statistic and it is highly unlikely that this statistic will be be matched.

Are you talking about the Friday meeting when Iversen broke the track record.? I was there both nights but can’t remember.I know they down a lot of track work before one of the nights,there was concern about an area entering the 1st bend.Good Weekends racing though.

I was there both nights too. Friday the track was too grippy, hence the boring racing but fast times including NKI getting the track record. I cannot remember a problem with turn 1. Are you perhaps getting mixed up with the very first meeting, Peter Craven Memorial, getting postponed when all riders and spectators were in the stadium but postponed after a few laps practice, and Riders concern with spongy bends 3 and 4, all due to the councils contractors using non specified filling and putting some barrier mat to let water through upside down so it didn’t. 
The Saturday night meeting, the track was prepared differently and the racing was amazing, just as it has been since.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Are you talking about the Friday meeting when Iversen broke the track record.? I was there both nights but can’t remember.I know they down a lot of track work before one of the nights,there was concern about an area entering the 1st bend.Good Weekends racing 

Yes

Cannot remember who held the record prior to the Friday meeting

Edited by Gunner85
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I was there both nights too. Friday the track was too grippy, hence the boring racing but fast times including NKI getting the track record. I cannot remember a problem with turn 1. Are you perhaps getting mixed up with the very first meeting, Peter Craven Memorial, getting postponed when all riders and spectators were in the stadium but postponed after a few laps practice, and Riders concern with spongy bends 3 and 4, all due to the councils contractors using non specified filling and putting some barrier mat to let water through upside down so it didn’t. 
The Saturday night meeting, the track was prepared differently and the racing was amazing, just as it has been since.

I wasn’t at The Peter Craven meeting,it was the Sat.night.Phil Morris and Woffy were having discussions on the hole or patchy bit on the inside of the 1st bend,was graded and sorted before meeting started and never caused any bother.I was in early and was watching them at work on it.

• Like 1

I was also there for both meetings and yes Fridays meeting wasn’t very special but Saturdays track was much more slicker with race times around 2 seconds slower than on Friday but the racing was absolutely brilliant.

Good to see Jordan Palin in the PCMT.Great experience for him..... he did well in the Aces first match.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 10:52 AM, Najjer said:

Impressive stuff - But at the same time, is it really needed? Half the number of cameras and operators instantly and reduce the costs, thus reducing the viewing price.

Don't forget that you get to keep it on demand. So you get to watch live speedway and keep it for another day for £12.95. PCMT just a tenner. Come on get your hand in your pocket or risk losing the sport we love.