British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

17 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

He posted about me fiiirst!!! :sad::sad::sad:

what's your problem skippy :rofl:

On 3/5/2021 at 9:26 PM, M.D said:

Tom Brennan is a great signing, he had a bad injury and of course last season was a non event so a couple of wasted years, but he can go far in the sport..

It's very hard to know how well Brennan will do for the Aces. He made a great start to 2019 with Eastbourne but that was from the easier number 7 spot. Riding for two very different sized tracks should certainly help him progress!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's very hard to know how well Brennan will do for the Aces. He made a great start to 2019 with Eastbourne but that was from the easier number 7 spot. Riding for two very different sized tracks should certainly help him progress!

I think this is a great move for Tom he can progress as a rider and come out of his comfort zone at  Eastbourne which is a real homer track.This also applies to young Palin he too has moved elsewhere to progress fair play to both of them for that.

• Like 1

Belle Vue have announced they being allowed 33% capacity between 17 May and 21st June. So that will be 1000 plus some more if sold out, on the east bend. 

14 hours ago, Rob B said:

Belle Vue have announced they being allowed 33% capacity between 17 May and 21st June. So that will be 1000 plus some more if sold out, on the east bend. 

Is that approximately BV's regular attendance?

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

Is that approximately BV's regular attendance?

No,

Probably a little higher. I'd say between 1200-1500 on a good day 

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

No,

Only 4 weeks or so between the May 17th restrictions and the June 21st further easing so fingers crossed things continue to go smoothly until then so all clubs can then get maximum revenue

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

No,

Yep 1200-1500 for your average Monday night Premiership.
2000-2500 for bank holiday. 

Think the crowd levels will be low until the restrictions are further  lifted on June 21

The majority of fans dont like or can't book online.

I and quite a few of the people I stand with  on the back straight will be waiting till June 21, I note the price for standing on the back straight (south stand) is now £20

Will watch the first match on Eurosport.

Edited by DBP
Extra info

On 5/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, DBP said:

Think the crowd levels will be low until the restrictions are further  lifted on June 21

I and quite a few of the people I stand with  on the back straight will be waiting till June 21, I note the price for standing on the back straight (south stand) is now £20

Will watch the first match on Eurosport.

Is there nobody fans know who could assist them in booking tickets online?  That's what I would do rather than miss out .....

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, DBP said:

You may be surprised by how many can manage keyboard skills and be able to book online.
For example, I am 74, have a smartphone, tablet, laptop, and pc, and I am nothing unusual.  I recall 30 years ago when computers became popular there were lots of schemes that provided “computer familiarisation” (training) courses, very often free or very low charge. Some, like my parents, couldn’t be bothered, whereas others took up the offer and become quiet good and since then gained the benefits from what computerisation can do

• Like 3

15 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

You may be surprised by how many can manage keyboard skills and be able to book online.
For example, I am 74, have a smartphone, tablet, laptop, and pc, and I am nothing unusual.  I recall 30 years ago when computers became popular there were lots of schemes that provided “computer familiarisation” (training) courses, very often free or very low charge. Some, like my parents, couldn’t be bothered, whereas others took up the offer and become quiet good and since then gained the benefits from what computerisation can do

It's not as difficult as some people think eh .....

21 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Good for you !  A previous job of mine was helping run 'Silver Surfer' & 'Computing For The Terrified' courses.  Pretty much "this is the keyboard, this is the mouse, the computer won't laugh at you or bite, just because you don't know how to use one yet is no relfection on your abilities, as with everything you just need to learn", etc.  One lovely old lady joined to learn word processing  to, and I quote: "get her life story in print before she pegged it", i.e passed away.  Well after getting her story 'down', she went on to learn basic accounting and literally ended up preparing the accounts for a row of shops in her village, I moved jobs and lost track of what she did next.  Many such courses finished in Hull and the surrounding area due to the usual lack of funding, at one centre all the computers got half-inched (!), but mainly due to lack of interest by the local populace.  Shame as there are still folk who want to learn about such things....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

There is also lots of scams and older people may be put off for fear of being scammed.