British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

POOLE V KINGS LYNN, SUPPORTERS CUP, Weds9.10.19

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sorry thought it was Shield. But we already beat you in that.

Not been to Lynn for nigh on 4 years but old habits die hard and I couldn't resist when I saw your post:D

4 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

All sport is meaningless, but usually fun. I just enjoy a night out at the speedway, but I suppose others must put themselves and others off just to look clever. 

As I said, I will be there as I am every home meeting, having fun with fellow sponsors and fans.

I thought you stuck only to the International section these days?!  Shame you didn't keep it up.

6 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Thought I read that Swindon had already won it! but hey I'm not a speedway fan anymore so I'll bow to your superior speedway knowledge:rolleyes:

The other semi final is Wolverhampton V Peterborough :lol:

I shall certainly be there for this one! It’s a long winter of no speedway, so even though it’s a meaningless fixture will be good to see some action, think there will be a few changes though!

Be nice if Matt can release a name for the 2020 season at this meeting.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I shall certainly be there for this one! It’s a long winter of no speedway, so even though it’s a meaningless fixture will be good to see some action, think there will be a few changes though!

Jack Holder after a winter of toe rehabilitation

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I think Poole fans will wonder what is going on at their club if Klindt and Josh arent retained.

Winning is hugely important but so is maintaining fan interaction with riders...........its a certainty Danny King will be at Ipswich but Heeps and Allen need to be the first 2 names as well, they have been our catalyst for our season and they must be retained

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I think Poole fans will wonder what is going on at their club if Klindt and Josh arent retained.

Winning is hugely important but so is maintaining fan interaction with riders...........its a certainty Danny King will be at Ipswich but Heeps and Allen need to be the first 2 names as well, they have been our catalyst for our season and they must be retained

poole don't always work that way im afraid you know and most other people do .lets be honest three riders should already be sign for us for next season 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Klindt already might be if you read between the lines in one of his tweets. 

Klindt and Josh have been great.Their averages ain't far off  Kurtz and Holder.. I hope their great season will be rewarded with a new deal, and there averages ain't to high to fit into whatever Matt is probably already planning.

Klindt must be Pooles rider of the season, if they announce one.

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Klindt and Josh have been great.Their averages ain't far off  Kurtz and Holder.. I hope their great season will be rewarded with a new deal, and there averages ain't to high to fit into whatever Matt is probably already planning.

Klindt must be Pooles rider of the season, if they announce one.

If it was up to me I would base the team around Josh and Nic plus Covatti if he wants to stay. They all give 100% all the time. 

Looking on social media most Poole fans are saying Nic is their ROTY, and if they are not saying Nic then it's Josh. 

• Like 2

If its worth anything these days - Klindt is on a 2-year contract anyway!!

As for the meeting on 9th, KL have already confirmed that MPT and TJ will be missing due to their injuries. and as its a Wednesday if Somerset have a meeting that would mean 2 things - 1. Bomber can't guest. 2. Poole will be without Covatti.

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If its worth anything these days - Klindt is on a 2-year contract anyway!!

I seemed to remember you saying contracts mean nothing in this sport Clive......

4 minutes ago, dj350z said:

I seemed to remember you saying contracts mean nothing in this sport Clive......

which is why I said 'if its worth anything these days'!!

However as long as Nic's financial demands for 2020 aren't too much then he will be at Poole again. (ps. His was the last deal to be agreed for 2019 - probably because there were no Prem places left up for grabs!!);)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Hans was on a 2 year contract, if I remember rightly matt honered it 

• Like 1