British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

POOLE V KINGS LYNN, SUPPORTERS CUP, Weds9.10.19

26 minutes ago, CB252 said:

I struggle to believe that some idiot fans defend the actions of Cook and Lambert in scenarios like this.  The same sickening cretins that massage the riders egos and suck up to them on social media probably, trying to act all pally with them.

Yes, it's a meaningless meeting in the grander scheme, but it is an official meeting that needs completing.

Can we look forward to Man City's top boys failing to turn up to their last league game of the season if Liverpool have already won it by then?

Letting the riders get away with crap like this is a big part of the problem over here and why we remain a joke.  Imagine a Pole pulling this stunt at home. PZM would just suspend them.

What an excellent post, every word well spoken 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Get fined if don't complete your fixtures. Must be a pretty hefty fine. Well supposedly they are trying to reschedule it! 

With three weeks of the season left, no reason not to.

6 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

6 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

will lambert & cook still be ill if re-run ???

We have had some very heavy showers this afternoon and some more are moving in. Track will be very wet.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I don't condone riders for pulling out of any meetings  but I'd like to think if there was something at stake these rides would turn up....   Surely in situations like these common sense should comes to the fore..

Wouldn't a pay packet be enough to make riders want to race, even though the meeting doesn't mean anything?

50 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I swear one fixture last season ended up not being run, I can't remember what it was mind you.

Certainly the Workington v Lakeside, Buxton v Coventry and Eastbourne v Mildenhall league fixtures were never staged, and I thought failure to do so incurred a hefty fine.

• Like 1

How is anyone supposed to take a local rivalry between King's Lynn and Ipswich seriously when Chris Harris switches between so-called arch rivals depending on which day of the week it is?

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Also what illness does Cook have? Do we need to send soup? 

If it is an illness doesn't that mean a 7 day suspension..

24 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If it is an illness doesn't that mean a 7 day suspension..

Yes, but I think an appeal may suspend the suspension. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

pouring down with heavy bursts of rain in the last few hours. Not surprised. Hopefully a date when we don’t clash with other meetings.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

pouring down with heavy bursts of rain in the last few hours. Not surprised. Hopefully a date when we don’t clash with other meetings.

At least the rain could see sense,    a timely intervention.      Be interesting to see if those riders will be better in time for the rerun... :t:

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well for the first time in 30 odd years Speedway is taking place at Poole and I won’t be there. Only meetings I miss is through being on holiday but tonight I just can’t be bothered to attend. This season ended at Ipswich and will be looking forward to next season, in whatever form it takes.

Make your mind up! On another thread you said that you wouldn't be going if Poole are not in the PL!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1