British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

As a number of teams have 2020 topics already - seems to be a good time to consider the Eagles options for next season. Already announcing after the final meeting on Saturday that Lewis Kerr and Kyle Newman will remain with Arlington side subject to agreement with their parent clubs, and confirmation of the overall league structure of the sport next year.

Certainly those two riders would of been the first two names on my team sheet. Kerr has been excellent this season and is certainly a fans favourite. Newman has been excellent and has offered stability to the side and got better as the season has gone on. 

It is probably just a matter of time before Tommy Brennan is announced ; now that he is back on the bike. Depending on the average limit It would be a surprise if they didn't go for Edwards having offered him a couple of months to gain experience at Championship level. 

• Like 3

too many get out clauses there for riders and management ......

If there is no major change to league set up - one league ... think Eagles will stick to their word.

Will all depend on the format of the league and the team averages. At Arlington this season the usual heat-leaders - Schlein, Ellis, Worrall etc have scored well - Broc Nicol was excellent but likely to be touted by most teams in PL + CL. 

Riders under the radar that could be options -

Anders Rowe was excellent down at reserve for Somerset. Ellis Perks' has previous at Arlington and was certainly a far better rider than he was at the NL and can gate could be a snip on his average. Other options could be Ricky Wells who has a history of riding small tracks well after all those years at Monmore and Josh Pickering did a decent job on a couple of occasions. 

“The big thing with Speedway sometimes is having a bit of security.”

Jason Edwards says feeling a sense of belonging at Eastbourne will help him develop at a quicker rate - and the Eagles plan to include him in their 2020 side. 

So it states in Speedway Star. So if correct that is one of the reserve slots covered. 

19 hours ago, Hackett said:

“The big thing with Speedway sometimes is having a bit of security.”

Jason Edwards says feeling a sense of belonging at Eastbourne will help him develop at a quicker rate - and the Eagles plan to include him in their 2020 side. 

So it states in Speedway Star. So if correct that is one of the reserve slots covered. 

At last match, club said they were looking to Jason to return and he indicated yes so Star report would be correct.

On 9/30/2019 at 4:09 PM, Hackett said:

As a number of teams have 2020 topics already - seems to be a good time to consider the Eagles options for next season. Already announcing after the final meeting on Saturday that Lewis Kerr and Kyle Newman will remain with Arlington side subject to agreement with their parent clubs, and confirmation of the overall league structure of the sport next year.

Newman has been excellent and has offered stability to the side and got better as the season has gone on. 

Will Kyle still have that permission??

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Will Kyle still have that permission??

If he wants to ride for Eastbourne he will get it, who wants to employ a rider who doesn't want to ride for you, that said if he wants to go back to Poole thats where he'll be. 

Newman will be at Poole, local boy, parent club, best seasons of his career there, local to sponsors. Money talks 

• Haha 1

Now that Poole are likely to join the CL - I would think that the Pirates will have first option as it is his parent club and on his doorstep unless new manager / Dark Lord of Wimborne Road decide they want him in the team.

Tom Brennan  will be back I would imagine Eagles will announce after the AGM once team averages are announced. 

1 hour ago, eaglesno1 said:

I was most impressed with Brennan when he came to Perry Barr before his accident.

Wish him well although I don't think it's any surprise Eastbourne have taken him on again as that average will have scared a few off after such a bad injury.

A noble gesture by the Eagles though at a time when many clubs churn riders in and out for fun. (Brummies included)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HGould said:

I was most impressed with Brennan when he came to Perry Barr before his accident.

Wish him well although I don't think it's any surprise Eastbourne have taken him on again as that average will have scared a few off after such a bad injury.

A noble gesture by the Eagles though at a time when many clubs churn riders in and out for fun. (Brummies included)

Never really been Eastie's way to chop and change, sometimes to their detriment, and keeping Tom is like keeping family disregarding his starting average, can't think they'll be any Eastie fan who's not pleased. I do believe as long as he stays fit and well all season he'll finish around that average which would be an achievement for him.

34 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Never really been Eastie's way to chop and change, sometimes to their detriment, and keeping Tom is like keeping family disregarding his starting average, can't think they'll be any Eastie fan who's not pleased. I do believe as long as he stays fit and well all season he'll finish around that average which would be an achievement for him.

There used to be great loyalty from clubs to riders and vice versa. In recent years that has to a large extent disappeared. So it is great to see Eastbourne staying loyal to Tom – loyalty was something that Bob Dugard believed in. He was loyal to his riders and looked after them.

Delighted to see Tom Brennan is back with Eastbourne. 

Also great to see he is off to Australia. Some sunshine and warmth will do wonders, with the chance for a bit of racing.

• Like 3