British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

Another innovative idea from Ian Jordan, an interesting survey  and the opportunity to suggest preferred signings for 2020 based on a 40 points limit.

Does this mean  he knows 40  is the limit.  My contribution was

1 R Lawson

2 K Newman

3 ??  (7.17 points available)

4 T Brennan

5 L Kerr

6 G Wood

7 J Edwards

Josh Pickering would be great at 3 but unlikely.

I don't think Tom is any risk at all  and will not be fazed by his accident,  he is so enthusiastic and has been itching to get back on his bike for a long time.  Another month in Australia and more big track experience will see him improve on last years 6.05 and provided he has no more injuries will be in the 7's .

I know some will be doubtful of Georgie  but he was coming on well until his back injury and if he can stay in the reserve slot he will be invaluable at home and should start getting some good points away .   At 40 limit most teams are going to have to shed a heat leader and bring in another NL lad which could be food and drink to Georgie.  If his average increased too much then Kyle wood drop down to reserve with the same effect. 

My main doubt is whether they bring another 2.0 pointer (Danny Spiller??)  in for Georgie, giving enough points to have Ed Kennet back as third heat leader.

Interesting days.

2 hours ago, Hunters said:

Another innovative idea from Ian Jordan, an interesting survey  and the opportunity to suggest preferred signings for 2020 based on a 40 points limit.

1 R Lawson

2 K Newman

4 T Brennan

5 L Kerr

6 G Wood

7 J Edwards

I don't think Tom is any risk at all  and will not be fazed by his accident,  he is so enthusiastic and has been itching to get back on his bike for a long time.  Another month in Australia and more big track experience will see him improve on last years 6.05 and provided he has no more injuries will be in the 7's .

I know some will be doubtful of Georgie  but he was coming on well until his back injury and if he can stay in the reserve slot he will be invaluable at home and should start getting some good points away .   At 40 limit most teams are going to have to shed a heat leader and bring in another NL lad which could be food and drink to Georgie.  If his average increased too much then Kyle wood drop down to reserve with the same effect. 

My main doubt is whether they bring another 2.0 pointer (Danny Spiller??)  in for Georgie, giving enough points to have Ed Kennet back as third heat leader.

Interesting days.

Facebook says Ian Smalley?

Question is very clear "With a purely hypothetical average points limit of 40 points, what Riders would you most like us to retain / most like us to sign for 2020?"

Nice isea though, more Clubs should do this, I know Redcar have.

I don't get involved with Facebook and the others ,     not my cup of tea and I am afraid I have never heard of Ian Smalley.

I did however  participate in the  21 question survey on the Eagles  Web Site  of which this was No19

I would like to have put Bradley Wilson Dean at no 3 but don't know whether his average would be based on his PL last year or Cl the previous year.

Kyle Howarth, at (7.15) would fit that team.

Wouldn't mind seeing Broc Nicol (5.16) or Danny Ayres (5.51) riding for the Eagles.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:18 PM, woofers said:

Lawson, Kerr, Newman, Brennan, Wood, Nicol, James Sargeant = 39.99.

nice looking team but there's no place for jason edwards who is nailed on at reserve ?

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 4:09 PM, poolebolton said:

Josh Pickering has been announced by Edinburgh 3 weeks ago so i unlikely is impossible im afraid. 

Would have said the same about Chris Harris with Ipswich this past season after signing with Peterborough (or Craig Cook):cheers:

On 11/5/2019 at 3:58 PM, Hunters said:

1 R Lawson

2 K Newman

4 T Brennan

5 L Kerr

6 G Wood

7 J Edwards

Interesting days.

Pickering already at e/boro

On 11/6/2019 at 10:27 PM, Speedway197635 said:

1. Nick Morris

2. Broc Nicol

3. Tom Brennan

4. James Shanes

5. Lewis Kerr

6. Jason Edward's

7. Kyle Newman

Nick Morris is a good shout depending on the points limit, I would think both Nicol and Shanes are not in the thinking, add Kennett and Alfie..

1. Kennett

2.Brennan

3. Kerr

4.Newman

5.Morris

6. Bowtell

7. Edwards

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Will Newman be available if Poole would like to use his services?

I thought kyle already signed for the eagles. anyway there is no reason he would want to ride us

Edited by ray c

9 hours ago, ray c said:

I thought kyle already signed for the eagles. anyway there is no reason he would want to ride us

Kyle has no reason not to ride for Poole if required.