British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

7 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

If they all get 2.5% for being english it must be between dan spiller, georgie or bowtell

Got to be Dan Spiller for me, again got to be applauded for an all British team if the final place is one of the 3. 

10 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

If they all get 2.5% for being english it must be between dan spiller, georgie or bowtell

Seems to be a logical guess

8.62  8.32 7.53 5.16 6.05 - 2.5% = 34.788 + 2 = 36.788 = 4.21 left 

foreign 4.21:

Brits 4.31: bowtell, wood, Morley, bickley, Bailey, Thomas lawlor Hume kemp

1 minute ago, TurnTwo said:

foreign 4.21:

Although his away form is poor. You’d have to go with Georgie based on how good he is round Eastbourne plus I’d put money on him beating all those riders 

Just now, TurnTwo said:

Although his away form is poor. You’d have to go with Georgie based on how good he is round Eastbourne plus I’d put money on him beating all those riders 

But having said that bowtell is better away from home

3 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

foreign 4.21:

Because of the leagues he's ridden in Dan Spiller will probably be an assessed 4, still think it'll be him as he was made an asset earlier in the year. 

Edited by gazzac

Just now, gazzac said:

Because of the leagues he's ridden in Dan Spiller will probably be an assessed 4, still think it'll be him as he was made an asset earlier in the year. 

Spiller will come in on a 5 having ridden in another professional league I believe

Great news on the line-up. A familiar (or completely the same) team will only improve.

Refreshing as well, as it's like a merry-go-round for most teams each year.  

Roll on March.

Edited by Guest
add

The fans favourite will be wood for sure , his attitude and application away is a serious question mark tho, bowtell is one ride away from an injury, from the others on that list I could only have hume really.

Eastbournes best signing by a country mile is newman on that average.

6 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Spiller will come in on a 5 having ridden in another professional league I believe

If that is the case I'd go for Wood, if it turns out to a 4 for Spiller go with him.  

23 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

The fans favourite will be wood for sure , his attitude and application away is a serious question mark tho, bowtell is one ride away from an injury, from the others on that list I could only have hume really.

Eastbournes best signing by a country mile is newman on that average.

The frustration with Kyle is that it seems to be said every season. That said he does seem settled at Eastbourne so fingers crossed this is finally the year he really kicks on.

If Tom is fully recovered and back to somewhere near the speed before his injury last year, the engine room of 2/3/4 is so much better than last year(at the start of the season)so all bodes well, whether it's Kyle at 2 or Tom, will be stronger straight away from heat 1, especially at home. 

Edited by gazzac

17 minutes ago, gazzac said:

If Tom is fully recovered and back to somewhere near the speed before his injury last year, the engine room of 2/3/4 is so much better than last year(at the start of the season)so all bodes well, whether it's Kyle at 2 or Tom, will be stronger straight away from heat 1, especially at home. 

Big fan of Kyle and think he was badly treated at Brum as was Ullrich and both did very well end of season in proper roles (2nd strings) at new Clubs with pressure off.

Brennan was excellent at Perry Barr just before his injury.

Have to agree Kyle and Brennan are solid looking and who did Eastie start with at second string last year ??. was it Morley and Bowtell?

Wish Kyle all the best for 2020 top lad!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Big fan of Kyle and think he was badly treated at Brum as was Ullrich and both did very well end of season in proper roles (2nd strings) at new Clubs with pressure off.

They were both dropped because they were simply not performing. After losing all of the first six matches, the Birmingham promotion had to do something.

Really nice to have the same team, obviously depending on the last rider to be named.  Last year was my first going to and supporting Eastbourne (and taking in a couple of away meetings, especially the Leicester/Eddie heat 15 "awesome" to quote my grandson, ride) after other clubs I've followed closed, although only been there regularly for 2019 it really feels like the fans are included and wanted and made to feel part of the club, I'll definitely be back next season and some silverware at the end of it would be nice but as long as Eastie have a team that feels like they are happy riding together and try their best and a club that continues to include the fans I'll be happy.

• Like 1