British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

3 hours ago, lewy said:

I reckon the last piece of the jigsaw will be Drew Kemp

Second that, don’t think it’s the right one though if so

7 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

As predicted kemp confirmed leaving the eagles a fair way under the limit

Quite a bit of room for improvements though, which is normally the key. Welcome to Drew, sure he'll thrive in the Eastie family. Unless someone in the main body has a dreadful run, Drew and Jason should be at reserve all season, which can only be a good thing for 2 young riders in this league. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

Great news--this team looks as if it will be exciting to watch. Some real out-and-out racers. Welcome (back) to Arlington Drew Kemp.

Eastie are really making an effort to get younger fans in, and was noticable last year how many leaned over the fence for high fives etc with the riders on parade/victory laps. The likes of Tom and Jason are relatable to them as they don't look a lot older than some of the crowd! Having another youngster can only be good, and as Richard says some out and out racers, may not win the league, but should be some good racing with this team.

21 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Under decent instruction could reignite his career in 2020. Not excelled anywhere technical that i can recall so certainly a challenge although in a side built to keep him at reserve should favour all parties.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Tom Brennan on that average is a tricky one for me ,hope the lad comes back from injury better for you

Have no fear,   he is fearless.   Been back on his bike for a while and now down in Australia getting more big track experience working with the Jason Crump  training camp.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Under decent instruction could reignite his career in 2020. Not excelled anywhere technical that i can recall so certainly a challenge although in a side built to keep him at reserve should favour all parties.

As well as the young guns, Eastbourne have plenty of wise, experienced riders too. It is part of the Eastbourne DNA to promote and bring on young riders. That got a bit left behind in later years in Elite League for understandable reasons. It's back now and I wish we could start riding tomorrow (well perhaps not, it's freezing) at the moment.

• Like 1

To be honest drew couldnt be assed at kent the 5 times i saw him, he didnt like the track at all, with a good run at reserve and confidence restored he should easily put a point on his average at the very least, nice team 

• Like 2

We are quite a positive lot at Eastie aren't we ? Just nice to see good positive posts from word go, not always the case on here at times!

Well done Eagles for an all British team.

Hope Drew does well (except against Kings :D).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Brilliant signing for British speedway and Eastbourne, regardless of the limit.

A lot of clubs will be jealous, especially if you can keep Drew for a few years and see him mature into a number one aged 20!

About a point under the limit, but an all British team, excellent continuity from last season and three very good emerging young riders.

Tom Brennan might drop a point and Drew put one on, so Lawson, Kerr and Newman will have to step up to be realistic challengers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Brilliant signing for British speedway and Eastbourne, regardless of the limit.

A lot of clubs will be jealous, especially if you can keep Drew for a few years and see him mature into a number one aged 20!

About a point under the limit, but an all British team, excellent continuity from last season and three very good emerging young riders.

Tom Brennan might drop a point and Drew put one on, so Lawson, Kerr and Newman will have to step up to be realistic challengers.

It is good for British Speedway for sure.

I remember the days when Eastbourne in the 70;'s when great rivals of the Brummies in 2nd Tier had an incredible conveyor belt of talent. I like the way they are not scared of giving youth a chance. It may not pay off right away but if they could have Brennan / Kemp / Edwards in 2-3 years time then this team would look very visionary.

I'm not sure who is driving the vision down there as Jon Cook seems to be rarely mentioned and it's more Trevor Geer and Will Pottinger driving things forwards, but well done.

It's surprising that everyone saw Anders Rowe as a no brainer signing for Somerset but no one made Drew Kemp their first signing, regardless of their averages this season.

Kemp is certain to add a point.

Over the moon Drew has signed. You could see the talent he possesses when he had a few outings for us a couple of seasons ago at reserve in the NL. 

A real "team" feel about this line-up.