British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

Anything but an eastbourne fan, but for the 2nd year running they have tracked a completley British team, and I can only compliment that. Hope kent follow suit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

As predicted kemp confirmed leaving the eagles a fair way under the limit

Only .74 under with all those reductions. So similar to a team with no Brits really

Decent team, all done and dusted nice and early. With the additions of Poole and Kent in the league, there should be some good local derbies next season.

8 minutes ago, therefused said:

Doesnt look a great team in my opinion...

Good at home but poor away, pretty much par for the course for John Cook.

36 minutes ago, therefused said:

Doesnt look a great team in my opinion...

Not a lot to compare it with at the moment, so we'll see when all are complete I suppose. 

Top quality side in my opinion - I have installed them as my favourites for the title already

Would have loved kemp at Redcar

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Top quality side in my opinion - I have installed them as my favourites for the title already

Would have loved kemp at Redcar

Totally agree good side,

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Good at home but poor away, pretty much par for the course for John Cook.

What’s Cook got to do with it?

• Like 1

Very envious....'Kemp' is a great signing imo…. not sure why he'd want to ride Eastbourne every week though? just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Very envious....'Kemp' is a great signing imo…. not sure why he'd want to ride Eastbourne every week though? just my opinion.

To improve his gating? He might think he had a year at Sheffield big open track he’s gone the opposite way so he can try and master a small technical track?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bloom89 said:

To improve his gating? He might think he had a year at Sheffield big open track he’s gone the opposite way so he can try and master a small technical track?

He does not need to try to master Arlington probably the smallest 'technical'track.   In the various finals between Eastbourne and Mildenhall at end of 2018 his races against Brennan and Wood, who were at the peak of their form at home, were  legendary.   He lost some but he also won in some very aggressive heats for the league title.

It has been a disappointing year for him in 2019 particularly in the NL where he was expected to do big things but finished up lowering his average by a whole point.

I think this is the perfect move for him  as part of an all British team with no language problems, 2 other teenagers and  good technical support  who will help him to release his potential.

I expect him to average over 5  next season and as his confidence grows it could be 6.

I have a good feeling about this team,   solid heat leaders,  and bags of young potential.    Not too worried about winning the league though I think top 6 could be on but they are all racers and are sure to entertain.

• Like 2

I hope he (Kemp) does well, simply for the future of British speedway. He definitely has the potential to follow Lambert and Bewley imo…..

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

Eastie fans are renowned for taking  racers to their hearts and generally never put pressure on them if they have a bad patch. Think Drew will become another fans favourite, and that's why we always have a high percentage of returning riders if points allow. 

• Like 1