British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Isn't Jordan going to be working more with Plymouth as its closer to where he lives?

He has said that working with Plymouth is just additional, he is helping them out with the commercial side of things and will still fulfil the same role as he did last year with the Eagles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tocha said:

Something like that. When he joined the Eagles for the 2019 season it was the intention that he become co-director with Ian Jordan but the position was terminated by Companies House in May 2019.

Although he is a director of Arlington Stadium Ltd, along with Martin Dugard. The company was incorporated in January 2019.

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Isn't Jordan going to be working more with Plymouth as its closer to where he lives?

Hope it’s not ‘more’ as he has been a breath of fresh air at Eastbourne. The latest article on the website giving the thoughts of the team building strategy for 2020 are an example.

Tom Brennan in Australia  in the Jack Young cup won his first two races but fell third time out and missed his last ride, so he is up and running.

Dan Bewley  won it with 12 point max .

18 hours ago, Hunters said:

Tom Brennan in Australia  in the Jack Young cup won his first two races but fell third time out and missed his last ride, so he is up and running.

Dan Bewley  won it with 12 point max .

According to a report I read, Tom was up and hobbling ----

but take your point -- he is back racing competitively

It’s funny how riders like Jedd list can’t string points together here but can score them back home 

Edited by TurnTwo

34 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

It’s funny how riders like Jedd list can’t string points together here but can score them back home 

Cause as a young lad he's still improving. Was thrown in the deep end over here! I'd guess the track might be his local?

43 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I watched Jedd List do laps at Brough Park last year, he definitely had talent. I for one would have easily took the chance on him to ride for the diamonds. Then someone told me he had only been on 500cc for less than a year when he first rode last year. Blew my mind. 

With another years development the kid will make a laughing stock of a 4.00 average 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Surely to do with the fact that the competition is weaker.

• Like 2

Looks stronger than starting line up in 2019, especially at second string, if Kemp ignites and Edwards/Brennan improve could win a few more Away and be play off contenders. Be hard to beat over 2 legs.

15 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Surely to do with the fact that the competition is weaker.

Looking at the Polish report, he beat everybody he should have done bar 1 scalp when he was second, Wright third.

• Like 1

See the Eagles are going back to race suits. Not surprised---the race jackets are OK but the suits look far more professional

I also see on their website that they have cut the cost needed to sponsor a suit as a Black Friday offer--which lasts until til this coming Friday.

56 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

See the Eagles are going back to race suits. Not surprised---the race jackets are OK but the suits look far more professional

I also see on their website that they have cut the cost needed to sponsor a suit as a Black Friday offer--which lasts until til this coming Friday.

Possibly helps that Connor Dugard owns a suit making business

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Possibly helps that Connor Dugard owns a suit making business

Maybe mates' rates. I don't know.

However, Connor is no longer involved in running the speedway these days but, of course, the stadium is still owned by the Dugard's and they lease out the stadium and speedway rights, as I understand it.

Connor and Martin have built a mini-track in the stadium car park for pit bikes this winter and are staging meetings. Think it can also be used for smaller speedway bikes. 

I've not been but the mini-track looks smart from pictures/video I have seen. This enterprise, of course,  will be a stadium initiative, not the speedway club. However, maximising the use of Arlington Stadium makes sense all round.

A busy stadium should mean there is always room for speedway.

• Like 1

Looking at other teams I would say top six easily.

Lots of scope for improvement and most importantly the team has gelled already, on and off the track.