British Speedway Forum
Hackett

Eastbourne 2020

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

I see Drew Kemp scored 9+2 and Jason Edwards 8+1 for team GB today. A minor international against Australia but our young reserves should return fit and up for the task, looking forward to seeing them at Arlington. 

They were superb . They could really kick on this year along with Leon Flint . I think Kemp in particular is on absolute bargain average. 

Really encouraging signs for Eastbourne in 2020. Yes granted lets see how tomorrow goes important to build on his performance.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

They were superb . They could really kick on this year along with Leon Flint . I think Kemp in particular is on absolute bargain average. 

Really encouraging signs for Eastbourne in 2020. Yes granted lets see how tomorrow goes important to build on his performance.

Hopefully Drew has got his confidence back after last season and will kick on this year. Jason is really a season behind the other 2 and hopefully will get nearer their level this year, although still think his bike control is amazing for someone so young and relatively inexperienced, don't think I've ever seen him out of shape. If the speed progresses he will be some rider as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Kemp spent the majority of last season as a second string for Sheffield, so should definitely raise his average at reserve for the Eagles!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

22 hours ago, gazzac said:

Hopefully Drew has got his confidence back after last season and will kick on this year. Jason is really a season behind the other 2 and hopefully will get nearer their level this year, although still think his bike control is amazing for someone so young and relatively inexperienced, don't think I've ever seen him out of shape. If the speed progresses he will be some rider as well.

Drew Kemp will be taken into the Eagles nest and treated as part of the family, nurtured, looked after and sent on his way to a good career in the sport..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Drew Kemp will be taken into the Eagles nest and treated as part of the family, nurtured, looked after and sent on his way to a good career in the sport..

Or better still one of our 3 future heat leaders along with Tom and Jason , unlikely but would be great if it happened. 

Drew Kemp was excellent as a guest and opposition rider in the National League at Arlington. Hopefully the OZ Adventure will mean he can start the season in good form and build his confidence from the start. Edwards will need to develop but if he can pick up 4/5 points at home that will be an excellent achievement. Tom Brennan + Kyle Newman give the second strings a solid look. 

Do we have to get up early tomorrow to see the fixtures? Can't wait to find out when we are going to lock horns again with our near  neighbours.

Exciting speedway season ahead, I believe.

Anyone know if a time is known for the release of fixtures?

Will a few hours make much difference?

Online SS could be just gone midnight.

Clubs twitter could be early.

SS in shops Thursday so will be available 4.30am ish plus local papers(which ours is out Thursday) might have them in.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

SS in shops Thursday so will be available 4.30am ish plus local papers(which ours is out Thursday) might have them in.

Yes, it does matter. Very unprofessional if the fixtures seep out like that. But, hey, its speedway where generally the word professional does not go in the same sentence as speedway.

Looks like a shambles is again on the way.

I might as well post now what the man on the gate told me.

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Telegraph only shows last weeks news, which we've all read online anyway, so don't expect too much there. Our one and only local sports reporter, probably has to have his copy in for tomorrows paper now.:D

• Haha 1

6 Sunday afternoon fixtures, hope they’re 5pm or later starts.

No doubt get the picture on the Eastbourne website later.

6 minutes ago, woofers said:

6 Sunday afternoon fixtures, hope they’re 5pm or later starts.

No doubt get the picture on the Eastbourne website later.

Story on Eastbourne website mentions the possible start times for Sunday meetings.